Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Awesome Ride
By mikespike

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

By far the most comprehensive car I have ever owned. Love the engineering in the car. Large enough to fit my family of four and luggage as well with top down. Very impressed with the interior style and electronics are state of the art.

Fast top 22 seconds.

6th Mercedes - Very Impressed
By jmmushkin

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 6th Benz since '88, and my 4th convertible. It is a major step up from the 2 CLK's I owned (03 and 05), and it is, naturally, much more car than the 07 SLK I traded in for this one. The quality of all the interior materials and finishes is excellent, the top works smoothly and quickly, and when closed it rides extremely quietly for a soft-top. The navigation system is vastly improved over the horrible SLK system I endured for 3+ years (which was an insult at over $2K), and, surprise!, the Germans have figured out cup-holders finally! But seriously, it is a solid, extremely well built car.

The new system for reducing air-flow while the top is open is ingenious. Also, the trunk space is a quite surprisingly ample for a convertible. Overall, the feel of the car is very comforting -- solid but nimble, powerful but smooth, etc.

The navigation system's maps should show street names more prominently. Sometimes it just looks like a generic map because without street or road signs, it's hard to tell where one is.

Disappointed. Wish I hadn't bought it.
By Disappointed!

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Check engine light came on after 20 miles. Struts had to be replaced after 3,000 miles. Suspension still a problem. Navigation system is a disaster. Seat controls not working properly. After 6 months and 3,000 miles, I am considering getting a new car. I wish I had not bought this car!

Nice but could use some refinements
By Jack

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We picked up this little jewel in June and, to date, have already clocked on 10K. The wife complains about getting in and out of the vehicle but I think it is just right. The car corners and brakes excellent but somewhat sluggish in Comfort Drive or whatever you call it. Should of opted to the V8 version. The interior is well designed and easy to maintain. The body style and appeal is a killer, a real head turner on the road. We are surprised with the lack of road noise especially being a convertible. Great sound system.

The wind shield and scarf system is awesome, my wife rants and raves about it. The body style is fantastic. Handles great in the corners but my wife says its not fast. The paddle shifters take care of the fast part when you want to take it to the limits.

The hood latches need to be better designed (tend to pop up) Water leaks on the side windows during washing and strong rain. The trunk is too dam small as nothing fits. Tire sensors are very sensitive in temperature changes using air. No folding mirrors. Back up camera is a problem with rain.

Best car ever, and I've had many:
By Schnooky Glick

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had many convertibles and sports cars in my 67 years - and this is the best yet. Wonderful ride, plenty more acceleration that I really need, and with the top up or down, it feels as if everyone else is looking my way. Especially when the drivers pull along side on I-95, and fall in behind me.

The entire experience is just so smooth. I recently had been driving 2009 MB CLK-350, and this is just so much better, it is hard to believe they are even related.

The Navigation GPS still misses some turns and tells me too often to make a U turn when it shouldn't. Also, you would think you did not have to pay an extra $289 or so to stream music from your Apple iPad, but you do.