2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
The ultimate car for a road trip.
By crash2much on 07/22/12 15:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Wonderful car for the intended purpose; very happy with the purchase. A most relaxing ride; very comfortable & supportive seats and least amount of road noise I have experienced in a car. Have the premium 2 and sports package. Got 46mpg with cruise control going 71mph on a road trip; around town average ~30. Get well over 500 miles per tank of diesel. Stereo system overall is fantastic, navigation system is a much needed improvement over previous generation and is very good. Engineering is what is expected; best in class trunk size when trunk closes engineered to not pinch the luggage! All season floor mats a must for us; cost extra but are great. Bluetooth works fine & easy to set up.

Initial problems resolved - awesome vehicle
By hezman on 06/19/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is the 2011 E-Class sedan with the sport package in obsidian black with grey interior. After some initial problems with the airmatic suspension (replaced rear air springs) and rattles in the rear of the vehicle (replaced seat belt rollers and roller blind system), the vehicle is now unbeatable in style, comfort and performance.

Highly impressed after 12,000 miles
By evan_s on 06/08/12 22:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned the E350 sedan for a year and a half and alternate it between a 2009 S550 and a 2007 BMW 530i. I live in Costa Rica where the roads consist of endless pot holes and hap-hazard patches with undulating curves and steep inclines. The E350 has proven to be a very capable car and is the one I choose for the twisty mountain roads. It is not outright sporty, but extremely agile and confident on the curves and absorbs the rough surfaces without completely isolating the driver, no simple feat considering the coil suspension. The engine and transmission make short work of passing and climbing steep hills and the brakes don't exhibit fade on long downhill treks. Overall, highly impressed.

E350 Blue Tec
By atthemurph on 01/06/12 09:10 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had this car since 5-2011 and have now put 15,000 miles on it. It's solid, fits me like a glove, handles well, if not like a sports car and has all the bells and whistles I need. I added the luxury package, steering wheel, dynamic seating (a must have) and the P2 package. Fuel mileage has been almost 32 overall and 36-39 HWY. The DEF fluid is no big deal. Buy at most gas stations or car parts stores for $12 for 2.5gals. I think I have added 5 gals total (maybe 7.5). Big deal. M-B will scalp you if they put it in but it's simply filling a tank. Love the car and not one issue.

Beautiful Design; Initial Problems Resolved
By enthusiast897 on 08/28/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car because of its truly beautiful lines. The car is a typical Mercedes---solid, airtight, good fit and finish. My car had some initial issues with rough shifting and Mercedes was able to correct the problem to my satisfaction. Overall, I think Mercedes builds solid, well designed cars and this model is a respectable entrant in the mid-size luxury sedan category.

Great Car
By george166 on 08/05/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned three Mercedes E Class cars since 2000. Subtle cut backs on quality, trying to keep the cost down, did not distract from the overall performance. The ride, handling and performance are still first class, making the car a good value for the money.

Nice Car
By conroebird on 06/23/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have had two Lexus ES350 and one RX350. All were nice, but the RX wasn't the good quality as expected, and was boring. My wife loved the RX, so it took some prodding to change. So far we have 900 mi on the MB E350 and it is much more fun to drive with good quality. Will likely miss the Lexus free maintenance, but this car seems worth it. Very quiet, great music system, nav, etc. The panorama sunroof sold my wife, but it uses a screen to keep out sunlight instead of a solid cover. So in Texas the screen allows some heat through. Keep that in mind. A/C is extremely cold though, so no worries. The Command interface works well for me. Transmission lever is cool but different.

Nearly perfect convertible
By live1x on 05/26/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

MB has produced an exceptional car with the near perfect ingredients of sport, luxury, comfort, convenience, and versatility. I have admittedly drank the cool aide on top down motoring. This is my sixth convertible (1964 Corvair Monza Spyder, 1966 Corvair Corsa, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider, 2001 SLK350, 2006 SC430). My assessment is based on those and other driving experiences (I've driven many other great convertibles: Mustangs, Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Audis). I have less than 10k miles on the car and yet I find myself inordinately happier with each passing mile (a first for someone who is considered a total car [violative content deleted], buying more than 30 new car over the last 25 years, yes my wife is encouraging me to get therapy).

Brand New E-350 MB- DON'T Do IT!
By notafane350 on 04/27/11 04:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a brand new 4Matic E-350 Benz in JAN 2011. The car needs a transmission. I have been fighting with MB USA to just give me an even trade. I now see I paid TOO MUCH for it because they want me to take a $16K negitive equity. I'm very dissapointed in the customer service that I have received. I would never recommend anyone purchase an E calss or any other car from MB in Alex, VA. I needed a car with all wheel drive so I traded in my 2002 S-class for the 2011 E-class; BIG mistake. I went back the next day to get my car and they sold it. What does that say? All I want to remedy the situation is a fair trade in. They have offered to pay my notes for 2 months! NOT HAPPY.

Awesome Ride
By mikespike on 03/14/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

By far the most comprehensive car I have ever owned. Love the engineering in the car. Large enough to fit my family of four and luggage as well with top down. Very impressed with the interior style and electronics are state of the art.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in NJ is:

$241 per month*