Not as good as advertised
By Tom on
2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
The MB television ads for the 9th generation E class said they put everything the knew into this car. They must have lost a lot of knowledge dealing with Chrysler. The car is sluggish, the transmission shifts to slowly for the paddle shifters to be of any use, the exterior design looks stolen from the Accord, Sonata and Genesis. I bot the car 7 weeks ago, have about 3100 miles on it and already 3 trips to the dealer for "fixes" (not what I expected at all). I also didn't expect such poor gas mileage (17/23) when I got 19/26 with my Lexus 430 V8. The MB-Tex seats are horrible; leather covering should be standard, as should tilting & fold in outside rear view mirrors. E is overrated, alot.
Favorite Features
Excellent sound system, tight steering, ambient light (but need some in footwells), Command system is easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
See review, but also need about 20-30 more hp and similarly increase in torque; lose the clock on the instrument cluster and substitute alternator/battery gauge; gauges at bottom of stack would be better moved up b/c they are hard to see and are used more than some that are higher.