2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Best car I owned so far!

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E550 Sedan (5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic)

Best car I owned so far!
By MF on

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

In 2004 I traded a Lexus RX for a 2005 E320. That E320 was the best car I had so far from a driving experience perspective, but its gadgets were much inferior compared with Lexus. Last month, I traded my E320 for a new E550 (Package 2 plus Parktronic, Panorama roof & Dynamic Seats). What a car!!! I was initially skeptical with the reviews about the improved E550 handling and comfort. But that is true: The V8 is very smooth and responsive. Better handling. Good mileage (for a V8). My wife told me the car feels so quiet it seems it is 40mph at 70mph (great 7 speed auto transmission).

The new gadgets are awesome. Much improved and intuitive COMMAND system has Voice Recognition, Zagat, Highway Info, Traffic, HD Radio, iPod, Rear view camera. Highbeam Assist really works. Dynamic seats are great (had on my 2005 E320 and couldn't live w/o it) w/ much improved massage feature.

Direct Injection.