Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Exquisite driving
By Andy

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I jump from BMW 335 to the E550. I missed the aggressive driving of the BMW but this sedan is also very powerful and the drive is so smooth. The handling is incredible.If you like the style and sometimes you want to hit the trottle and feel the power under the hood of this powerful machine, I recommend this car.

Favorite Features

handling, style,inerior materials,engine.

Suggested Improvements

more powerfull breaks.

The perfect automobile
By Ducati Rider

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought a Benz because I'm too old to ride a motorcycle safely any more. This is my "motorcycle." Performance is almost in the motorcycle league, which is saying a lot. This car is perfect, right out of the chute. Not one defect. Amazing, particularly for a brand new model, early production. This is my second Benz; my first one was a 190 SL. I loved the SL and put a lot of miles on it, and I love this. The commonality between them is the stability, the feeling of security, the class. No planned obsolescence here! The Benz is a man's car. I'm glad I got the sport package. The 550, for $8K more, offers a lot more than th V-8. It's really in a different class from the E-350

Favorite Features

Steel grey color with ash interior. The engine is a torque monster. The car is stable at any speed. I like the knee and lumbar air bags. The Harmon Kardon stereo is dynamite.

Suggested Improvements

More clearance under the air dam in front of the car so I don't hit concrete while parking. An instructional video for the navigation system would be most welcome.

Not quite my 911, but...
By stlfamilyman

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Maybe I have been driving SUV's for too long, but I was stunned by the outstanding performance of the E550 four matic. While this car is not as fast as my 911 4S, it is close. The large seats are extremely comfortable and the driver dynamic multi contour seat is a must. My three kids have no problem sitting in the deep, roomy back seats. After owning nearly ever other make of vehicle, I am impressed.

Favorite Features

Quickness, handling (similar to my old 5 series BMW), comfort, driver dynamic multi contour seat, rocking stereo, safety features, sporty looks. High residual makes it a great lease deal. Four matic is great in the snow, possible better than our Infiniti SUV.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know why there is not a heated steering wheel, but I don't miss it. Driver dynamic multicontour seat should be offered for the passenger seat--this comes from my wife.

In a class by itself
By RobL

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Traded a 2009 BMW 528xi after 4 months for this car. Even in non-sport models, BMW's are still race cars (I don't care what anyone says). They're louder, firmer and difficult to drive long distances with one hand. Gets a little tiring. Enter the E550. This is a true luxury car: quiet, smooth, very fast, rides like a dream. Put the suspension and transmission in sport mode and it'll take on any BMW. When you calm down again, flip it back to comfort mode and enjoy. Amazing! My wife gave the gas a good stab to pass another car and said she couldn't stop giggling for minutes afterward. This car is seriously fast!

Favorite Features

Airmatic suspension, Driver Assist Package, Dynamic Driver Seat (thought it was silly until I had it...not laughing anymore). Very nice stereo, too! And, what are these?...Cup Holders?!?

Suggested Improvements

Rain-sensing wipers are not that great. BMW definitely has that feature nailed.

A Quantum Leap
By Jim G.

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The E Class car has always been a "boost" to the MB line of vehicles...but the new E550 is a quantum leap. Fantastic is the one word to capture what describes this car. I traded a 2007 bmw 750i, and the Benz shuts it down in every respect. I recommend it - unqualified.

Favorite Features

The technology (that all works) and the responsiveness of the engine. The handling is flawless, as well.

Suggested Improvements

Don't charge for paint colors!!!