Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Quality All Around
By RABMAN

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

High quality car with great handling and performance. The 550, V8 is far superior to the 350 and well worth the added $8K. Sound and multi-media system is A-1, dynamic seats are fantastic.

Power/smooth acceleration. Multi- media and sound system. Quality and safety of vehicle.

Exterior styling could be better for the price. The 550 should have an upgraded wheel/tire package and a distinctive exterior look/badging. AMG wheels good quality, but mundane vs. after market - needs some lip on wheel.

Great car, fun to drive!
By First time MB owner

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought the E350 coupe black on black and love it! Only had it two weeks so far an no major gripes or issues. I was nervous hearing and reading about build quality issues and while only having the car two weeks the jury is still out but no problems whatsoever thus far. Did a great deal of research prior to purchase and have no regrets other than trying to keep a black car clean and shiney. If you are interested in handling and performance look elsewhere. This is a cruiser. My other car is a late model Corvette and while the Benz is still in the break in period, I still downshifted and took a hairpin turn which squeeled the tires which would never happen on the Corvette.

The ride when not pushed, the looks in and out and the overall comfort. The stereo with the P1 package and voice recognition system for the phone, radio and Nav is great. I think the Wood wheel and shift know make a big difference and are well worth the price. I also like the Ipod interface.

The GPS is not intuitive and I'm still figuring it out. The storage space in the cockpit is very limited for things like sunglasses and CD cases. The redundant controls (2 or 3 ways to perform some basic functions) are overkill and gas mileage is poor at 15 mpg driving normally.

So far, very pleased
By Ron Eldon

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far the E-350 has performed above my expectations. The handling and power is matched well to the cars size. The interior design, fit and finish are superb. The rear seat room is far superior to the C-300 and close to the S-550. The command control system was eazier to learn than I expected.

Numerous audio options, Nav system, voice command and rear-view camera, all- wheel drive.

Better placement of the turn signal stem. Keyless entry should be standard. Auto-lock and all lights shut off after X minutes.

After 4 SUV's
By cwr

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far I like this vehicle. Dealer & Salesman were superb!!!! I am still getting used to being back in a car.In (C) mode acceleration could be better.I am still learning the driving curve of this car. I have the "Sport Model".The "True" experience is if and I mean "if" you can paddle shift. WOW the vehicle becomes a totally different car! FUN!!!!! but hard to drive on city streets.

Exterior, Interior, H/K sound system, positions of seats and comfort.Love the AMG wheels, also the ability to drive during daytime with fogs and secondary headlamps.....

Leather, Leather, Leather.......Standard in coupe. More sound-proofing.......less harsh on bumps.A real "Saddle" color interior, not the cinnamon leather....TOO much Red-Tone to it. Double sectioned center arm-rest.

Buyer Beware!
By Taryn

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The sunroof design is an absolute joke. While test driving the car on a gloomy day, I never thought to check how the sunroof closed. Every car I have ever had or been in has a solid screen that closes off the sunroof. Not this car. The sunroof screen is mesh, not solid, and thus lets sunlight in through the roof while the sun is overhead. When I am driving around mid-day I need to wear a hat and I need to blast the air conditioner (even on a cool day) as the car heats up excessively with sun coming through the roof for many hours. I was so thrilled when I bought this car but now I dread to drive it during the day. Mercedes refuses to do anything to help.

Put in a solid sunroof cover/screen!