2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Not as good as advertised
By Tom on 12/24/09 08:38 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The MB television ads for the 9th generation E class said they put everything the knew into this car. They must have lost a lot of knowledge dealing with Chrysler. The car is sluggish, the transmission shifts to slowly for the paddle shifters to be of any use, the exterior design looks stolen from the Accord, Sonata and Genesis. I bot the car 7 weeks ago, have about 3100 miles on it and already 3 trips to the dealer for "fixes" (not what I expected at all). I also didn't expect such poor gas mileage (17/23) when I got 19/26 with my Lexus 430 V8. The MB-Tex seats are horrible; leather covering should be standard, as should tilting & fold in outside rear view mirrors. E is overrated, alot.

$10,000 overpriced
By No Name on 12/13/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great looking and interior is very nice looking, but some controls are awkward. The ride over any road imperfections, especially at lower speeds, is poor, even with comfort suspension and in comfort transmission mode. Not up to M-B reputation at all. Would be fun to drive if more comfortable. Asians copied M-B in past and now it is time for M-B to copy them rather that thinking we have always done it this way and will regardless. Engine is so underpowered that you have to accelerate for any uphill driving, which greatly reduces MPG. Wiper stalk is hidden behind S/W spoke making it easy to leave in auto and damage wipers in car washes. Trunk is cheaply done & lacks trim.

Fun to Drive
By vicv on 12/12/09 14:30 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We picked up my wife's E-350 at the factory and enjoyed driving it in Germany & Austria. And the experience is wonderful. The car is very, very tight, confident and comfortable. It was a delight on the autobahns as well as tooling around those tight streets in small bergs. BUT, we found out that the American and Canadian versions have port fuel injection while the European versions have direct injection. So, recommend anyone contemplating a new E, postpone your purchase until the Germans give us just as good technology as they give their own buyers or buy another brand that values us.

$45K car for 55K (MSRP)
By None on 12/12/09 09:39 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Not up to M-B's reputation. Nice enough car; ride is not good at low speeds over any road imperfections. Nice at highway speeds. Per M-B and dealer, this is normal. Have to accelerate more going up hill, etc. due to inadequate engine which causes more fuel use. Lumbar is hard to adjust. Hood release hard to find. Underside of parcel shelf in trunk is not covered. Have to jerk spare tire cover out and force it back in. Wiper control hidden by steering sheel spoke making it easy to leave in auto mode. Results in wiper damage in car washes. Carpet and mats are thin compared to even medium priced competitors. Storage box on front of front seats hits back of legs. Interior is well done.

A Solid Triple
By aaflank on 12/07/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Very smooth, solid, comfortable and quiet (almost eerie-quiet with audio system on). Previous car was a BMW 545i and it's better in almost all respects. Particularly surprised at how quick it is and how well it handles in sport mode; would really give my 545 a run for its money. Also like the feel of the power steering better; much more variable; does not feel as "heavy" as BMW steering at low speeds. My car has just about every option except driver assist. Only major disappointment is the Night Vision system. The infrared camera is really just a grainy B&W camera; there's nothing infrared about it. My eyeball detects deer and animals much better than it does; almost distracting.

Mean, Powerful Car @ Luxurious Ride!
By Raider J on 12/05/09 22:39 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I test drove the BMW 550 and Audi A6 before deciding to buy the new 2010 Mercedes E 550. The Benz is just as fast as the BMW and Audi but more luxurious,detailed and refined. The V8 engine gives you incredible power that moves you fast! The new aggressive lines on this car is sporty and mean! Toss in the Benz luxury interior and tank-like secure drive and you have a mean sports car with a cool drive. I just love looking at its angry grill......it just screams "Get out of my way!" Mercedes hit a homerun with this new car!

Blind Side Assist
By jreecole on 11/13/09 12:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Do not waste your money on this option it does not work.Mercedes new this because they put in their manual a warning about what this option would not do. The buyer does not get a chance to read the manual before buying.It says speeds exceeding your vehicle speed will not be detected. It also say's it will only detect (10) feet off of your rear bumper. I know for a fact it will not pickup 10' sometimes. This thing could get someone killed if they don't read the manual before trying to use the alert. The front head restraints will not go all the way down.Talked to dealer ,they said that is the way it was designed. They are other small items that needs to be corrected

Dream to drive, needs a few upgrades
By BENZ4M3 on 11/10/09 21:31 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have been driving my 2010 E-class for 3 months. Great car. Combines the best of a BMW and Lexis: sporty handling of a BMW but with the well designed, classy interior of a Lexis. Awesome, voice-activated computer system. Tell the car what you want it to do, and it does it. In fact, it does so much that it takes quite a bit of time to figure out how to use all the systems. I'm still learning. A few shortcomings: leather seats, automatic trunk closing, push-button start, and air conditioned driver's seat should be standard. No eyeglass holder. Two real annoyances: driver's seat does not automatically push back when car is stopped, and car must be running for garage door opener to operate.

Fun Car and Great Appearance
By Tom on 11/09/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I moved up from a CLK (which I loved) to the E-Coupe 350 2010 and thought they would be comparable. They are not; the E-Coupe is far more advanced. The two optional packages load the car with great technology that is easy to use. I decided not to get the sports package and I'm glad I did because the ride is smooth and comfortable without it. My CLK had a hard ride. This E- Coupe is a dream to drive.

It Glides
By Gold hill Gal on 11/02/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We have just had this care a couple of days but I can tell all it is an amazing car. On the way to work today it felt like I was gliding. It truly is out of this world. I am not real techie, but this car is very easy to drive and learn the tech.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$152 per month*