Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Love it!
By G

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought the E550 4matic a week ago. Love the car. It came down to the audi A6 or 5 -series. This car is much better in both build and drive. The V8 is very fast and smooth. The HK sound is awesome. The Xenon lights are great! Once you use them, you won't like regular lights again. The only things I haven't liked is the COMMAND function. It's ok to use. More complicated than it needs to be. The IPOD interface could be better. I got the sport edition. Not much difference in ride quality between sport and comfort modes. The car height feature is pretty cool when parking near a curb. It raises the car about an inch so you don't hit some concrete curb when you park.

Sound system is a 10! V8 engine. Interior and ext are excellent. Chestnut brown leather is much better than standard color leather. Lights. Keyless entry is cool.

The seats are not as comfy as the 5- series. More firm and ergonomic. Don't know if this is in sport model, even with drv contour seats. Seats little better after 1000 miles. Folding side mirrors. Better ipod function. ie play radio through iphone, improved track selection and not through glove box

Latest Generation E - nearly flawless
By RedVestEd

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having owned several Mercedes, including two prior Es, I find this latest generation to be a winner. I'm barely 800 miles into this car and I couldn't be happier with the experience. All the expected MB touches like fit and finish are superior. Paint is flawless. The ride is appropriately comfortable without being soft. The ergonomics of the cockpit are the best I've driven lately.

I find the Command interface to be superior. The navigation system is the best I've seen and easily beats the version in my Audi Q7. The shifter on the steering column took some getting used to, however glad to have if off the center console.

Speedometer: utterly unreadable in daylight driving. The 3/4" needle is white on a grey background. I find I need to keep the center TFT screen on mph to know my speed at a glance.

I am smitten!
By Bob Dixon

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am smitten! Having owned the Mercedes 350 coupe for just one day now my thoughts run to how much a pleasure it is to drive. The supple ride, the wonderful handling, and quiet power, all lead me to praise this car way beyond anything I have ever owned. My concern about leaving my Solara behind have melted into the expectations of getting the car out on the open road and enjoying the touring experience. I am constantly surprised at the little driver friendly touches I find as I move along. Does this car actually make you younger or just feel younger?

Wonderful ride, responsive steering, engine power

none as yet.

Update On My January Review
By Michael

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After driving my new E350 Sport Sedan for 5 months, I still aver that this is the best E Class Mercedes Benz they have ever manufactured. The voice activation system is truly remarkable. You must take the time to read through the owners manual to really appreciate how many functions are controllable through the voice mode. Navigation system is phenomenal - enhance traffic info from Sirius Radio is right on the money. Ride and handling superior to any previous E class model. The vehicle seems to ride more "heavily" even though the weight is about the same as the 2009. I have not had the car back to the dealer for "anything". No needed adjustments or fixes. GREAT VEHICLE!

Harmon/Karman 660 watt surround sound audio system is the best I've ever listened to in an automobile. Navigation is superior. Voice Activation of audio/telephone/Nav is terrific. Seats very comfortable. Visibility is best in its class.

Again, they should make leather standard, even though the vinyl that is standard doesn't crease and easier to remove dirt and grime. No other suggestions.

Ticky Tack II
By BillyG

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Follow-up to initial review. Since then have been on a long trip & averages 26+ mpg @ Interstate speed+. However, latch that opens center console simply fell off - part is on back order; a problem (?). This is in addition to garage door opener buttons receded into mirror and windshield wipers being installed backwards. Also, there is a recall for loose bolts on underbody pan that reduces road noise. I wonder if BMW is having issues.

Emerald Jade Green color is awesome