2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Update to my earlier review
By CarolB on 02/18/10 09:39 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Now have 6600 miles on the Benz. I still absolutely love to drive it & my overall rating doesn't change. Have found a couple of minor things that could be improved upon. The auto- sensing wipers are not very good. They sometimes come on when there is not any moisture at all. You cannot adjust them other than slow, med, fast and auto. My Toyota had a variable speed ajustment like a dimmer switch that was quite useful. The second item is the nav which doesn't allow anything to be entered while the car is in motion. While I understand this is likely for safety reasons it is aggravating since it prohibits the passenger from making any course adjustments while riding.

In a class by itself
By RobL on 02/01/10 13:57 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Traded a 2009 BMW 528xi after 4 months for this car. Even in non-sport models, BMW's are still race cars (I don't care what anyone says). They're louder, firmer and difficult to drive long distances with one hand. Gets a little tiring. Enter the E550. This is a true luxury car: quiet, smooth, very fast, rides like a dream. Put the suspension and transmission in sport mode and it'll take on any BMW. When you calm down again, flip it back to comfort mode and enjoy. Amazing! My wife gave the gas a good stab to pass another car and said she couldn't stop giggling for minutes afterward. This car is seriously fast!

2010 E63
By Mike on 01/29/10 08:10 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

stunning acceleration, very good handling, comfortable and luxurious interior, under-cover and stealthy supercar

Coupe de Grace
By suds on 01/24/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

An outstanding looking car that's solid, sporty and fun to drive on the open road. The 350 v-6 is a little underpowered when accelerating, especially compared to my previous ride.....a BMW 335i ( 300hp, twin turbo) This car feels larger and more solid, and safer than the bimmer though, and its exterior design is sleeker and more attractive to my taste. Give Mercedes a lot of credit for upgrading its design and updating the technology in the E-class while reducing the MSRP by $5,000. This is an extremely good value in its class. My odometer just turned 1,000 miles and I've averaged 22.4 mpg overall.

A Quantum Leap
By Jim G. on 01/24/10 09:53 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The E Class car has always been a "boost" to the MB line of vehicles...but the new E550 is a quantum leap. Fantastic is the one word to capture what describes this car. I traded a 2007 bmw 750i, and the Benz shuts it down in every respect. I recommend it - unqualified.

Exellent bang for the buck
By true driver on 01/17/10 11:29 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

When comparing the E550 against the S class, cadillac CTV, the BMW 5 and Lexus 460 this model by far is the best of the bunch. The interior alone beats all. The premium II package is a must. The ride is excellent and the interior noise is very very low. It handles extremely well for a sedan and braking has very little fade. Exterior styling is elegant and the Sedan model with the hood ornament steels the show. Quality is fantastic. The engine/horsepower/torque and 7 speed transmission is phenomenal. Disengage the traction control and take off when the light changes...yeah, it's that fast!

Best Merc <$60K
By cmac on 01/06/10 13:24 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The car is FAST. But it's also solid and stately as well. I really like how it handles and although the ergonomics took some time to get used to I am very happy with the layout of the interior. The seats are quite comfortable with the bolsters (comes with the appearance package) and the integration of the phone/ipod etc is quick and easy. The cupholders are perfect. The back seat has enough room for a short trip for people over 5'8" and a long trip for people under 5'8". I would say 6'0" is the limit in the back seat. The trunk is roomy for a coupe! The car looks really good in person (better than the pictures). Prepare to spend a lot for gas though, I am avg 15.9 MPG.

New E350 Miles Ahead of the 2009
By Michael on 01/04/10 16:53 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned a new Mercedes Benz every year for the past 4 years, and this one is "miles ahead" of the older models. The first thing that I noticed that was different was the ride and handling. This new E350 handles with outstanding agility. The ride seems a bit more refined than my 2009. The interior is far superior, especially the placement of the main screen for NAV and Radio, from lower front center to upper front center, making it easier for me to look at when driving. The interior is more comfortable, especially the seats. Visibility has improved as well. This is the best E Class sedan I have ever owned, and I've owned 8 of them int he last 20 years.

Should be better
By First Benz on 01/04/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Like the car, but should have more at the price, even when discounted heavily. Even the comfort suspension on E350 Luxury has too much impact harshness over most road imperfections and too little damping, especially at low speeds. Navigation and Audio are too complicated. No cover on underside of parcel shelf in trunk, making it looks cheap. Spare tire cover has to be FORCED in and out with great effort- poor design. Carpet & mats are thin, even compared to economy makes. Engine is underpowered which causes using more fuel to accelerate or go uphill. Seat heater cuts off after 10-20 minutes and has to be re-started. Storage box on front of seats hits back of legs. Hood release is hard to find.

Better than expected!
By richord on 01/02/10 17:21 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We owned a 1999 E320 4matic which served us well but I swore I would never buy another Merc after all their quality problems. Ours was spared the problems. But I read the reviews about the E350 and test drove one. I bought the E350 4matic with the P2 option and sports package. I drove it 1000 miles over the holidays, through rain and snow and it was great! the steering is responsive and even in snow with the low profile all season tires I felt like I was always in control. Feedback was great. This is one of the greatest handling and comfortable cars I've owned including Porsche's! we also like the styling on the car with the sports package it looks hot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$152 per month*