2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Exetremely Disappointing
By allysonp1 on 05/02/12 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The front brakes had to be replaced at 24K miles. At 40K miles the back brakes had to be replaced. Prior to this, I drove a Lexus for 60K miles before the brakes needed to be replaced. We will be going back to Lexus and I hope I never live long enough that I am forced to purchase another Mercedes-Benz. Dealers have only been marginally helpful and say this is reasonable wear - might be but isn't for a Lexus.

Love it!
By G on 06/01/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought the E550 4matic a week ago. Love the car. It came down to the audi A6 or 5 -series. This car is much better in both build and drive. The V8 is very fast and smooth. The HK sound is awesome. The Xenon lights are great! Once you use them, you won't like regular lights again. The only things I haven't liked is the COMMAND function. It's ok to use. More complicated than it needs to be. The IPOD interface could be better. I got the sport edition. Not much difference in ride quality between sport and comfort modes. The car height feature is pretty cool when parking near a curb. It raises the car about an inch so you don't hit some concrete curb when you park.

Exelent vehcile
By Russ Blondeck on 05/09/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is simply the best vehicle in the world. It's way more roomy and comfortable than my wife's 5 series. I wouldn't think twice about buying another one.

Good Vehicle.
By Bob Whalen on 05/08/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is simply amazing. It handles like a charm but the rides not too firm. A definite buy.

A Solid Triple
By aaflank on 12/07/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Very smooth, solid, comfortable and quiet (almost eerie-quiet with audio system on). Previous car was a BMW 545i and it's better in almost all respects. Particularly surprised at how quick it is and how well it handles in sport mode; would really give my 545 a run for its money. Also like the feel of the power steering better; much more variable; does not feel as "heavy" as BMW steering at low speeds. My car has just about every option except driver assist. Only major disappointment is the Night Vision system. The infrared camera is really just a grainy B&W camera; there's nothing infrared about it. My eyeball detects deer and animals much better than it does; almost distracting.

Best Car in it's class
By PLaw on 08/25/09 05:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I was trying to decide between the Lexus, BMW. I hadn't really ever considered buying a MB until I test drove the new E550. WOW! This is by far the best driving car in its class. In my opinion, it's a significantly better vehicle than the 5-series or the Lexus equivalent. Not to mention the fact that you can get the all wheel drive feature in the E550. Great performance and good in the snow! Perfect for me here in CO. Take one out and drive it. You won't be disappointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*