Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Most Helpful|
Do not buy this car!
By LED FOG LAMP LOVER

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car in July 2009. Got 6k miles on it. Went in for service and the dealer did a software update. Now the beautiful led fog lamps don't work at night. Dealer (s) nor Mercedes Benz does not have a fix for this problem! One of the major reasons I bought this car is for those great looking led fog lamps. Car looks ugly without them. I wish Mercedes would refund me some $$$. Or fix the problem faster! Or replace the hardware and stop blaming the software!

Favorite Features

LED fog lamps. When they were working properly!

Suggested Improvements

Fix my LED fog lamps so the car looks good again!

the worst car i have owned
By hal6

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

To the point; I am a professional driver-driving instructor. Have owned too many cars to count-mostly high performance; Porsches, Bmw's, Audis. Bought this vehicle for size to transport my baby gandchildren. In 16k miles had to have the front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times. Sticking throttle never repaired. Very unsafe. Numerous electonics failures-over 20 times in the shop. Unable to repair the vehicle properly, including the sticking throttle. When I requested a trade assist for another model, M-B corp. refused-advised "thats whet the warranty is for". Obviously will never own another M-B

Favorite Features

Interior room & looks

Suggested Improvements

A change in corporate attidude. when ANY product is under waarranty, either repair it or replace it!!

A real Upgrade...xlnt
By A real Upgrade..xlnt

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have had a new e-class Benz every year since 2006. 2007 E350 sport flint grey...fast/economical. 2008 E350 AMG sport indium grey...pkg1, pano-roof, chrome AMGs a real looker quick, better handling w/again 27mpg@85mph. 2010 E550 sport, pkg 2, pano-roof, parktronic, dynamic seat w/message...xlnt and those 550 only air cooled seats and don,t forget that adjustable air-ride. This car is far and away a better car overall. On a recent trip up the calif cst this V8 got 25.2 mpg@80-82mph. This V8 has strong power with a small penalty in mileage. I did also test drive '10 E350 nice but the airmatic ride/handling and V8 thrust won me over. E350's look the same but the drive completely different.

Favorite Features

Panorama Roof, Dynamic message seat..air cooled...pkg2 equipment...worth the price difference especially the xenons w/curve illumination and the led daytime running lights.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing...after shopping and purchase...No Buyers remorse...Look at the new prices..2010 E-class Benz prices went down about $5000.00. vs 2009s..Incredible bargain for your dollar..against all other competitors. Now think about that! What more can be improved.

#2 a real Upgrade Xlnt
By A real Upgrade..xlnt

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just a quick update to tell u more about my E550 sport. I have put over 4500 miles since my purchase in March. Just returned from a trip to Vegas. I live in the LA metro area and drove instead of flying. At about 2000 rpm on the tachometer my car averages 82- 85mph. I held constant at that speed and my car got 27.7 mpg. The last climb to elevation over 5000 feet above sea level brought me just below 28mpg. For a V8 near 400 horsepower and torque this is truly amazing. If you drive it mellow, Wow. It pulled every hill without a downshift because of the ample torque. It frustrated others on its ability to make that climb at that pace. The EPA rates it only 23-24 on highway! Great Car!

Favorite Features

All features are awesome. My car has mostly all options including pano-roof and messaging seat minus night vision radar and 4matic.

Suggested Improvements

Get the word out on the mileage capabilities of the V8. With mileage and power like this I don't think I will ever own another E350. V8 E550 for me just imagine if I had been on flatland (sea level) or kept it below 80 mph. Think about that

Quality All Around
By RABMAN

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

High quality car with great handling and performance. The 550, V8 is far superior to the 350 and well worth the added $8K. Sound and multi-media system is A-1, dynamic seats are fantastic.

Favorite Features

Power/smooth acceleration. Multi- media and sound system. Quality and safety of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling could be better for the price. The 550 should have an upgraded wheel/tire package and a distinctive exterior look/badging. AMG wheels good quality, but mundane vs. after market - needs some lip on wheel.