2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
the worst car i have owned
By hal6 on 02/03/12 07:28 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

To the point; I am a professional driver-driving instructor. Have owned too many cars to count-mostly high performance; Porsches, Bmw's, Audis. Bought this vehicle for size to transport my baby gandchildren. In 16k miles had to have the front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times. Sticking throttle never repaired. Very unsafe. Numerous electonics failures-over 20 times in the shop. Unable to repair the vehicle properly, including the sticking throttle. When I requested a trade assist for another model, M-B corp. refused-advised "thats whet the warranty is for". Obviously will never own another M-B

#2 a real Upgrade Xlnt
By A real Upgrade..xlnt on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just a quick update to tell u more about my E550 sport. I have put over 4500 miles since my purchase in March. Just returned from a trip to Vegas. I live in the LA metro area and drove instead of flying. At about 2000 rpm on the tachometer my car averages 82- 85mph. I held constant at that speed and my car got 27.7 mpg. The last climb to elevation over 5000 feet above sea level brought me just below 28mpg. For a V8 near 400 horsepower and torque this is truly amazing. If you drive it mellow, Wow. It pulled every hill without a downshift because of the ample torque. It frustrated others on its ability to make that climb at that pace. The EPA rates it only 23-24 on highway! Great Car!

Do not buy this car!
By LED FOG LAMP LOVER on 05/14/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car in July 2009. Got 6k miles on it. Went in for service and the dealer did a software update. Now the beautiful led fog lamps don't work at night. Dealer (s) nor Mercedes Benz does not have a fix for this problem! One of the major reasons I bought this car is for those great looking led fog lamps. Car looks ugly without them. I wish Mercedes would refund me some $$$. Or fix the problem faster! Or replace the hardware and stop blaming the software!

Quality All Around
By RABMAN on 04/27/10 22:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

High quality car with great handling and performance. The 550, V8 is far superior to the 350 and well worth the added $8K. Sound and multi-media system is A-1, dynamic seats are fantastic.

A real Upgrade...xlnt
By A real Upgrade..xlnt on 03/31/10 00:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have had a new e-class Benz every year since 2006. 2007 E350 sport flint grey...fast/economical. 2008 E350 AMG sport indium grey...pkg1, pano-roof, chrome AMGs a real looker quick, better handling w/again 27mpg@85mph. 2010 E550 sport, pkg 2, pano-roof, parktronic, dynamic seat w/message...xlnt and those 550 only air cooled seats and don,t forget that adjustable air-ride. This car is far and away a better car overall. On a recent trip up the calif cst this V8 got 25.2 mpg@80-82mph. This V8 has strong power with a small penalty in mileage. I did also test drive '10 E350 nice but the airmatic ride/handling and V8 thrust won me over. E350's look the same but the drive completely different.

Wow
By Investor Man on 03/30/10 03:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. It handles like a dream. The car is quiet.The p2 package gives you all the toys. You get behind the wheel and just say wow! It is like owning a luxury car and a sports car all at once. You step on the gas and this car really go's.Gas mileage is actually pretty good for a eight cylinder.

Exquisite driving
By Andy on 03/14/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I jump from BMW 335 to the E550. I missed the aggressive driving of the BMW but this sedan is also very powerful and the drive is so smooth. The handling is incredible.If you like the style and sometimes you want to hit the trottle and feel the power under the hood of this powerful machine, I recommend this car.

The perfect automobile
By Ducati Rider on 03/04/10 21:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought a Benz because I'm too old to ride a motorcycle safely any more. This is my "motorcycle." Performance is almost in the motorcycle league, which is saying a lot. This car is perfect, right out of the chute. Not one defect. Amazing, particularly for a brand new model, early production. This is my second Benz; my first one was a 190 SL. I loved the SL and put a lot of miles on it, and I love this. The commonality between them is the stability, the feeling of security, the class. No planned obsolescence here! The Benz is a man's car. I'm glad I got the sport package. The 550, for $8K more, offers a lot more than th V-8. It's really in a different class from the E-350

Not quite my 911, but...
By stlfamilyman on 02/18/10 19:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Maybe I have been driving SUV's for too long, but I was stunned by the outstanding performance of the E550 four matic. While this car is not as fast as my 911 4S, it is close. The large seats are extremely comfortable and the driver dynamic multi contour seat is a must. My three kids have no problem sitting in the deep, roomy back seats. After owning nearly ever other make of vehicle, I am impressed.

In a class by itself
By RobL on 02/01/10 13:57 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Traded a 2009 BMW 528xi after 4 months for this car. Even in non-sport models, BMW's are still race cars (I don't care what anyone says). They're louder, firmer and difficult to drive long distances with one hand. Gets a little tiring. Enter the E550. This is a true luxury car: quiet, smooth, very fast, rides like a dream. Put the suspension and transmission in sport mode and it'll take on any BMW. When you calm down again, flip it back to comfort mode and enjoy. Amazing! My wife gave the gas a good stab to pass another car and said she couldn't stop giggling for minutes afterward. This car is seriously fast!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in WA is:

$184 per month*