2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Love My New Mercedes-Benz
By ribbletts on 08/05/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just bought my new 2009 Mercedes- Benz E 350 on July 31st. I absolutely love my new car. My past Mercedes included a 1999 C 230 and a 2006 C 230 and my dream has always been to own an E Class. Back in 2003 when Mercedes changed the body style I thought it was the most beautiful car I’d ever seen. I still feel that way about it. The car just has great lines and the interior is absolutely gorgeous. The handling and horsepower is just amazing. The fit and finish is exactly what you would expect from Mercedes- Benz. The quality and workmanship is way beyond what you get in an American or Japanese car. The deal I got on the 2009 was incredible. Ask me and I’ll tell you about it.

E350 4-matic is a great all rounder
By Sharvan on 04/18/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently leased a silver E350 4- matic with the Premium pkg 1 and AMG sport appearance package and boy was it a great all rounder.It has great looks(courtesy AMG package), adequate performance(0 -60 in ~6 secs), and mileage(17-18MPG City), Advanced Tech features such as Voice activated Navigation, IPOD interface, Rain sensing wipers. Also the multi information display is right in front of you on the speedo which is a nice feature since you don't have to take your eyes off the road. I live in Colorado and wanted the 4-matic and i think that was a good decision. We had a couple of snow (spring)storms here and AWD worked just fine.The trick is to use the "C" setting for the transmission.

Improvement over the 2008 E350
By HiHoMike on 04/11/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 08 E350 Sport for a 2009 E350 sport mainly to upgrade to the new, faster electronics and music. I found no major driving differences, however the HD radio, the NAV system, the Voice Command and the increased response speed for all technology functions is amazing. There is almost nothing you can't do with the voice command system. It even has a training module to improve the voice command's understanding of your input language. Smooth ride and handling are accomplished with the sport suspension. Since I had no problems with my 08, the 09 is just icing on the cake.

A Bird in the hand is ...
By Steebie on 02/08/09 05:21 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned S class and E and CL class Mercedes over the years, including a 2008 E Class Sport and this new 2009 E Class Sport. The pricing of the 2009 E Class is like having a "Bird in the hand and two in the bush." A great deal can be had right now, say $10,000 off sticker; how does that sound? Now you're getting a outstanding sedan at a price you can't beat. Yes, there's a new body style E Class coming out in July, but how can you pass up the 2009? Comparing my 2009 to my 2008, there have been significant improvements, including AMG package free with the no charge Sport option, 18 inch wheels, and shift paddles on the steering wheel. The Command system with NAV is much improved.

Standard Setter
By Kski1 on 02/02/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is beautifully crafted with subtle elegance. The AWD worked superbly in snow and ice. The vehicle is quiet, responsive, and thoughtfully designed, inside and out. The voice command system is a marvel and requires little more than a quick read through the manual. Like other buyers, I would have expected leather at this price. That is the one area where MB falls short.

Best car ever!
By best car ever! on 01/29/09 13:33 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2009 E350 4matic. went from a ML350 SUV. Wow what a change. This is the best automobile I have ever owned.This car handles great and built very solid.

Simply the best
By michael georgariou on 12/25/08 08:53 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A car I have fallin in love with. When driving it seems the car is an extension of my body. Easy to drive and all controls make sense. The best car I've ever owned.

Needs better appointments
By Mercedes E on 08/31/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since this is the last year of the w211 body style, Mercedes is offering decent subsidizes incentives to move vehicles. The body is pretty much the same since 03 with a few modified faclifts. The No charge sport package adds some flair to the pretty stagnent body.The gipe I have with Mercedes is the lack of standard leather interior on car that starts at almost 52k. Vinyl belong in economy cars, Not in a Mercedes Benz!.

No more good Mercedes
By d r on 08/16/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Considered many cars in this segment including Hyundai Genesis. However picked Benz just based on badge and low price. Yes, although MSRP is high you can buy E class much cheaper. My version was with 18” wheels so suspension feels quite stiff and handling is reasonable well. Small turn radius. First look inside gives feeling of luxury. Exterior is the best looking in the segment. However if you look more closely to the car you will find that Mercedes is slipping. Standard seats are just vinyl. Leather is expensive option. No right hand rest place. Awkward storages. A lot of modern electronics which has buggy software and cumbersome user interface. Sound quality is reasonable good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*