2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Bad wheel quality on MB E350
By QBY on 06/25/10 23:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought one certified pre-owned 2009 E350 at MB Encino, California on 3/27/2010. Only drive about one month and 860 miles, there is a front tire pressure problem that was caused by a crack inside of the wheel (rim). We drive this new car very carefully, never hit anything since there is no damage on the outside wheel, also how to we hit or damage inside of the wheel? That is a parts quality problem. MB's warranty should cover it but they don't. Please think about MB's wheel quality, before you plan to purchase a MB, since we found couple cases report about it already. Also, MB's customer service is not friendly, do not answer customer phone call, and do not care customer concern.

Navigation and service
By db on 05/20/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

False promises from sales and service. I always keep a $125.00 garmin gps with me, never wanna depend on MB nav system, I'm scared it will take me into a deep ocean one day, entire car good but nav make it worst experience

A very solid car but horrible nav system
By Jan on 01/22/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought car because of incentives (with premium I package paid only $39k AND got 2.9% financing for 5.5 years, plus sales tax write-off)! The car feels extremely solid and stable and has a remarkable balance of comfort and sporty driving characteristics that few other cars can match. Interior and exterior design are very nice and materials and assembly are first rate. However, vinyl seats are totally out of place in car with MSRP of 57k. They are extremely uncomfortable (sweat inducing and sticky when less than 40 degrees F). Navigation system is a nightmare, too. Nothing is intuitive or easy and even after studying manual for hours the system is still fury inducing.

not reliable
By asad shamim on 01/01/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since purchasing my E350 in June 2009, the engine has failed twice. The interior rattles causing annoyance. The car has been back into the garage for noises coming from rear and still has not been resolved by the garage. To be honest with you I am totally fed up with this car as it has caused me so much inconvenience in time and money. Furthermore this car is totally useless in snow conditions because it is rear wheel drive. I strongly recommend consumers not to buy this model. If the garage i bought this vehicle from does not do anything soon then i will be taking further action against mercedes. They certainly do not live up to their name.

2009 E350 RWD Review
By ppnff on 09/19/09 04:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a new 2009 E350 due to the massive incentives, both dealer and financing subsidies in July 2009. If the subsidies did not decrease the price by over 33%, I would not have bought the vehicle. Also, the 2009 fixed a lot of the prior model year issues (e.g., COMMAND problems), and a lot of options (iPod, bluetooth, DVD) were now free. At this price point, the deal was a steal. Coming from an Infiniti G (more hp and faster), I like my change.

Excellent
By penmgmt on 08/17/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Two and a half weeks 1800 miles. Love iy -so solid yet nimble. Last car was 528i(2008). Love the tighter turning circle and ergonomics. Memory card with 510 watts is the easiest way to listen to music. Sports package with silver color is beautiful. First brand new Merc - bought in part because our 98' E320 is still driving so well. Got it for $41.8k too!

Love My New Mercedes-Benz
By ribbletts on 08/05/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just bought my new 2009 Mercedes- Benz E 350 on July 31st. I absolutely love my new car. My past Mercedes included a 1999 C 230 and a 2006 C 230 and my dream has always been to own an E Class. Back in 2003 when Mercedes changed the body style I thought it was the most beautiful car Id ever seen. I still feel that way about it. The car just has great lines and the interior is absolutely gorgeous. The handling and horsepower is just amazing. The fit and finish is exactly what you would expect from Mercedes- Benz. The quality and workmanship is way beyond what you get in an American or Japanese car. The deal I got on the 2009 was incredible. Ask me and Ill tell you about it.

Improvement over the 2008 E350
By HiHoMike on 04/11/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 08 E350 Sport for a 2009 E350 sport mainly to upgrade to the new, faster electronics and music. I found no major driving differences, however the HD radio, the NAV system, the Voice Command and the increased response speed for all technology functions is amazing. There is almost nothing you can't do with the voice command system. It even has a training module to improve the voice command's understanding of your input language. Smooth ride and handling are accomplished with the sport suspension. Since I had no problems with my 08, the 09 is just icing on the cake.

A Bird in the hand is ...
By Steebie on 02/08/09 05:21 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned S class and E and CL class Mercedes over the years, including a 2008 E Class Sport and this new 2009 E Class Sport. The pricing of the 2009 E Class is like having a "Bird in the hand and two in the bush." A great deal can be had right now, say $10,000 off sticker; how does that sound? Now you're getting a outstanding sedan at a price you can't beat. Yes, there's a new body style E Class coming out in July, but how can you pass up the 2009? Comparing my 2009 to my 2008, there have been significant improvements, including AMG package free with the no charge Sport option, 18 inch wheels, and shift paddles on the steering wheel. The Command system with NAV is much improved.

Simply the best
By michael georgariou on 12/25/08 08:53 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A car I have fallin in love with. When driving it seems the car is an extension of my body. Easy to drive and all controls make sense. The best car I've ever owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*