2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Beautiful car!
By pauly_bananas on 07/27/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 04 BMW 325 conv. and got this as my upgrade. I bought it from Rallye Motors in L.I. from Marianne. Great dealer and she was great. My other car is a 08 G35. This Benz is beautiful. It rides and drives like a dream. So smooth. Quiet. Comfortable. It's a pure pleasure to drive. Only owned it 3 months but it's thus far the best car I ever owned. They did a nice job with this car.

MASTERPIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE ART
By kleenshotgto on 01/06/12 03:04 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a Teutonic Masterpiece! I have owned them all...BMW, Porsche,Ferrari...and absolutely nothing...nothing... compares to this BLACK 09 E350 4MATIC w/AMG SPORT PACKAGE. Pure panache. Outstanding comfort, ride and performance. Bullet proof buid quaklity. If you have the means...go out today and buy an 09. The 56K price tag new has now depreciated to 35K. Pick a ,low mileage version and your at auto nirvana. Then, go buy a black mock turtleneck, add jeans and your favorite shoes and start cruising. You'll feel and look like a 1percenter...make no apologiZes to anyone. You earned it.

Bad wheel quality on MB E350
By QBY on 06/25/10 23:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought one certified pre-owned 2009 E350 at MB Encino, California on 3/27/2010. Only drive about one month and 860 miles, there is a front tire pressure problem that was caused by a crack inside of the wheel (rim). We drive this new car very carefully, never hit anything since there is no damage on the outside wheel, also how to we hit or damage inside of the wheel? That is a parts quality problem. MB's warranty should cover it but they don't. Please think about MB's wheel quality, before you plan to purchase a MB, since we found couple cases report about it already. Also, MB's customer service is not friendly, do not answer customer phone call, and do not care customer concern.

Navigation and service
By db on 05/20/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

False promises from sales and service. I always keep a $125.00 garmin gps with me, never wanna depend on MB nav system, I'm scared it will take me into a deep ocean one day, entire car good but nav make it worst experience

A very solid car but horrible nav system
By Jan on 01/22/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought car because of incentives (with premium I package paid only $39k AND got 2.9% financing for 5.5 years, plus sales tax write-off)! The car feels extremely solid and stable and has a remarkable balance of comfort and sporty driving characteristics that few other cars can match. Interior and exterior design are very nice and materials and assembly are first rate. However, vinyl seats are totally out of place in car with MSRP of 57k. They are extremely uncomfortable (sweat inducing and sticky when less than 40 degrees F). Navigation system is a nightmare, too. Nothing is intuitive or easy and even after studying manual for hours the system is still fury inducing.

not reliable
By asad shamim on 01/01/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since purchasing my E350 in June 2009, the engine has failed twice. The interior rattles causing annoyance. The car has been back into the garage for noises coming from rear and still has not been resolved by the garage. To be honest with you I am totally fed up with this car as it has caused me so much inconvenience in time and money. Furthermore this car is totally useless in snow conditions because it is rear wheel drive. I strongly recommend consumers not to buy this model. If the garage i bought this vehicle from does not do anything soon then i will be taking further action against mercedes. They certainly do not live up to their name.

2009 E350 RWD Review
By ppnff on 09/19/09 04:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a new 2009 E350 due to the massive incentives, both dealer and financing subsidies in July 2009. If the subsidies did not decrease the price by over 33%, I would not have bought the vehicle. Also, the 2009 fixed a lot of the prior model year issues (e.g., COMMAND problems), and a lot of options (iPod, bluetooth, DVD) were now free. At this price point, the deal was a steal. Coming from an Infiniti G (more hp and faster), I like my change.

2009 E350 4Matic Sport
By STSMLTLE on 08/29/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is marvelous! The styling with the sport package is great, it drives very well, and is comfortable. The 350 V6 has as much horsepower as my old Mercedes 430 V8. It's plenty fast and I get 20 MPG. It feels as stable and strong as a bank vault, but drives quick and nimble too. The climate control system and 7-channel audio system also are great. My only gripe is with the nav system. It's a pain to use and the screen is too small.

Excellent
By penmgmt on 08/17/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Two and a half weeks 1800 miles. Love iy -so solid yet nimble. Last car was 528i(2008). Love the tighter turning circle and ergonomics. Memory card with 510 watts is the easiest way to listen to music. Sports package with silver color is beautiful. First brand new Merc - bought in part because our 98' E320 is still driving so well. Got it for $41.8k too!

hopeless mercedes benz
By ak on 08/17/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never buy a mercedes unless you want to overpay for a completely unreliable vehicle. Buying one is like losing money, and keeping one is like throwing good money after bad! I bought a brand new 2009 E350. Six months of ownership, and 3 problems, 2 trips to the shop, 1 tow, 1 battery recharge...and worse of all, tons of aggravation and frustration dealing with Mercedes Benz.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*