2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Beautiful car!
By pauly_bananas on 07/27/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 04 BMW 325 conv. and got this as my upgrade. I bought it from Rallye Motors in L.I. from Marianne. Great dealer and she was great. My other car is a 08 G35. This Benz is beautiful. It rides and drives like a dream. So smooth. Quiet. Comfortable. It's a pure pleasure to drive. Only owned it 3 months but it's thus far the best car I ever owned. They did a nice job with this car.

MASTERPIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE ART
By kleenshotgto on 01/06/12 03:04 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a Teutonic Masterpiece! I have owned them all...BMW, Porsche,Ferrari...and absolutely nothing...nothing... compares to this BLACK 09 E350 4MATIC w/AMG SPORT PACKAGE. Pure panache. Outstanding comfort, ride and performance. Bullet proof buid quaklity. If you have the means...go out today and buy an 09. The 56K price tag new has now depreciated to 35K. Pick a ,low mileage version and your at auto nirvana. Then, go buy a black mock turtleneck, add jeans and your favorite shoes and start cruising. You'll feel and look like a 1percenter...make no apologiZes to anyone. You earned it.

Good not Great
By ageorge on 06/12/11 07:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We currently have a 2009 Mercedes Wagon with 15k miles on it. Also for context we have a Toyota mini-van and a Prius. This current wagon only seems special when you are on the highway. There it is in it's element. Extremely smooth, quiet yet with the classic German feel. Other than price it isn't much different from the Toyotas. Overall build quality actually seems to be less than the Toyotas I am sad to say. We have had a number of minor problems with the electrical and mechanical systems. The CD player still doesn't work. The right windshield wiper stopped working etc. In general it seems as the though the car is several years behind the competitors in features.

Solid, reliable
By Robert Miller on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always wanted a MB wagon. I have not been disappointed. Solid and reliable, quality constructed both inside and out. Great handling for a wagon. Only service has been 1 year standard service. The nav system could be easier to use, but ut us on the mark.

Extraordinary Automobile!
By Paul on 08/21/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

My 2009 E320 BlueTec is a superb automobile. Subtle yet classy styling (black exterior/interior/wood trimmed steering wheel) that always draws compliments. Extraordinary performance (400 ft-lbs of torque mean effortless acceleration - the power surge is like a locomotive). Unbelievable economy (I'm averaging 33 mpg over 25,000 miles of mixed city/highway driving in the Washington DC area). Comfortably seats four adults - meaning large adults! - and can accommodate five. Huge trunk. Smooth, quick, confidence- inspiring, so solid it literally feels like a single piece of steel. This car is an absolute bargain and I never thought I'd say that about a $50K purchase.

Bad wheel quality on MB E350
By QBY on 06/25/10 23:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought one certified pre-owned 2009 E350 at MB Encino, California on 3/27/2010. Only drive about one month and 860 miles, there is a front tire pressure problem that was caused by a crack inside of the wheel (rim). We drive this new car very carefully, never hit anything since there is no damage on the outside wheel, also how to we hit or damage inside of the wheel? That is a parts quality problem. MB's warranty should cover it but they don't. Please think about MB's wheel quality, before you plan to purchase a MB, since we found couple cases report about it already. Also, MB's customer service is not friendly, do not answer customer phone call, and do not care customer concern.

Navigation and service
By db on 05/20/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

False promises from sales and service. I always keep a $125.00 garmin gps with me, never wanna depend on MB nav system, I'm scared it will take me into a deep ocean one day, entire car good but nav make it worst experience

A very solid car but horrible nav system
By Jan on 01/22/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought car because of incentives (with premium I package paid only $39k AND got 2.9% financing for 5.5 years, plus sales tax write-off)! The car feels extremely solid and stable and has a remarkable balance of comfort and sporty driving characteristics that few other cars can match. Interior and exterior design are very nice and materials and assembly are first rate. However, vinyl seats are totally out of place in car with MSRP of 57k. They are extremely uncomfortable (sweat inducing and sticky when less than 40 degrees F). Navigation system is a nightmare, too. Nothing is intuitive or easy and even after studying manual for hours the system is still fury inducing.

not reliable
By asad shamim on 01/01/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since purchasing my E350 in June 2009, the engine has failed twice. The interior rattles causing annoyance. The car has been back into the garage for noises coming from rear and still has not been resolved by the garage. To be honest with you I am totally fed up with this car as it has caused me so much inconvenience in time and money. Furthermore this car is totally useless in snow conditions because it is rear wheel drive. I strongly recommend consumers not to buy this model. If the garage i bought this vehicle from does not do anything soon then i will be taking further action against mercedes. They certainly do not live up to their name.

The total package
By Mike on 10/06/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I bought the E320 through USAA buying service through a professionally run dealership-American Service Center- Alexandria, VA. I impressed by the cars looks, engineering, fuel economy, and the torque of the turbo-diesel--it gets up and goes. The quality of the car and its materials are evident. While the controls are well-place and intuitive, this is not the case in the Command/NAV interface. In particular, the voice commands do not measure up to the technology in less expensive Japanese and Korean cars. The USAA buying service combined with Mercedes incentives made the car more affordable- -a once in a life time purchase--maybe not. I love this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$143 per month*