2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: The Car I Always Wanted

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

The Car I Always Wanted
By SLCFBP on

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first MB, the 350 AWD, fully loaded, in Nov. 2007. I have now driven 6K and nothing about this car has disappointed. I have not had a single problem or needed to take it in other than for the 1K complimentary check. Everything works, everything fits. I for one find the oft critisized Command system just fine though the GPS in my part of world (Southwest) seems to lose mapping capability much more than my wife's GPS in her Highlander. The MB is a dream on the long stretches, has the best soundproofing & a perfect stereo to match of any car I have owned. I have truly found the car of my dreams - I may never change brands again.

Favorite Features

Build quality and optional gimmicks. Safety features. Quietness and sound system. Finally a comfortable driving position for my 6'4", 250 lb frame! Engine smoothness and responsiveness. Ride smoothness.

Suggested Improvements

GPS too often not cutting it compared to others I have used/am using. Would be nice to have the iPod info on the command screen instead of the info center. Backseat space crammed for big persons.