2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Either I've had a "lemon" or p

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

E63 AMG Sedan (6.2L V8 7-speed Automatic)

Either I've had a "lemon" or people close eyes on MB problems
By nyfo on

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased it pre-owned from a dealership under factory warranty with 39k miles on. Sold me on practicality of a sedan with a FAST ride possibility.
Next day at 6 AM I was awakened by the fire crew banging at my door. My neighbors called them because of a large gas spill underneath my car. Got it towed, fixed, in a week - the same story. Fixed, then the check engine light went on. Upgraded software - tranny started "jump" shifting from the second gear to the first. Long story short, out of 6 months 3k mi of ownership I spent 8 weeks driving Hyundai offered by local MB dealership. Glad it was under warranty: I asked to see the repair bills and they summed in over 10K paid by MB over 6 months.

Looks, drive, while going, interior - all absolutely incredible!

Quality. You where building expensive reliable cars for 100 years and, of course, 10 years of building junk will not kill your name. But on the long run - you loosing customers every day and you do not target such a large population percentage with your product price point... I owned 3 Mercedeses in my short 31 years life, first 2 where great reliable cars (1985 280SE and 1989 C190 ), but no more for me after your E63, thank you.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review