Not what I expected
By soregluteus on
2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)
My first Benz. I was glad to read a lot of positive reviews. The following makes me sound like a real whiner, but I gotta say it because I researched this car a lot before I purchased. Previous BMW and Lexus owner. First the good: Great looking, solid, smooth, and fast. Now the negative: Is it only me that thinks these seats are uncomfortable? I keep waiting to "get used to it". Still not happening. No power lumbar? Get real. No backup camera available? Toyota has it on every product. I just expected a lot more from a Mercedes. The name can't carry the reputation too much longer.
Favorite Features
Great power. E550 feels as fast as my former M5. Looks good. Smooth transmission. The mid-size feels very responsive, I made final decision because of availability of 4matic on a car with this performance level.
Suggested Improvements
As stated, manual lumbar on a car this price is a joke. Controls for Cruise and Voice activation look like add ons, sticking out inconveniently. Need back up camera. Seats are impossibly uncomfortable. I am trading in for another Lexus asap.