Nice change
By Greg on
2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
2nd Benz, 4th European. Very pleased. Last car was an Acura TL, which we hated. Shocked at how poorly Acura was constructed, and we sold it after only 13,000 miles. The E350 is so much nicer. No comparison. We were debating between the GS350 and the E350. Wife liked the looks of the E, I liked the drive of both, but the E is hands down better looking. Sure, the GS is more reliable, but given my experience with the TL and Consumer Report's raving about that, who knows what to believe, and my brother in law's E has been flawless, as has been our CLK, which we kept. If the E is anything like our CLK, I'm sure we made the right choice. Nice design, solid. Very pleasant.
Favorite Features
Overall driving impression; turning radius is great (Acura was horrible), Safety; a pleasure to drive; 7 speed tranny; at first the clock in the instrument panel bugged me, but now I use it all of the time and like it; insurance through AAA actually wasn't that bad.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth should be standard. Ipod interface is inconvenient (in the glove box); MPG not bad for a car of this size, but certainly not great. Our CLK320 gets better MPG.