2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Glad I Chose The Merc
By Tom M on 06/02/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just recently bought an E350 4Matic. Before this, I had an Audi A6 3.2, which was fantastic in the snow. This is just as good. I love the incredibly smooth ride, the huge glass roof, and the timeless look of the car. A few things though I'm a little disapointed with. In my A6, on mostly the highway, I was averaging 32MPG. In this, about 24. Not as good as I hoped. A fun feature is being able to fold the rear headrests down from the front (especially if ppl in the back are sleeping) but they are very uncomfortable when they are up and theres no button to raise them once they are down(Annoying). Overall, the car is beautifully well done, but I think a facelift is needed sometime soon.

Take the family in style
By Dan flynn on 06/01/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My E350 wagon was just broken in and it is such a smooth and refined family vehicle. The suspension is stiff, however the ride remains composed and luxurious. The car handles so well you forget the car weighs over 4000 lbs and it is actually fun to drive for a station wagon. It's not fast, however it has plenty of power for easy around town and highway driving. The driver's seat is so comfortable and piloting this Benz is truly a pleasure and a big step up from my previous Audi A6 Avant. It also gets decent 25 mpg while crusing at about 75-80 mph.(much better than EPA's 21 mpg estimate)

Worth the extravagant price
By newyorker on 05/24/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was a perfect buy even though the 65k total cost is excessively priced. The car has utility, style, power, comfort, safety and AWD making it the most practical car my family has ever ridden in. The E350 wagon is one of the very few cars that has utility for a whole family w/ luggage and the ride quality of a sport sedan. 4MATIC is very grippy and 3.5L V6 is powerful and sounds very classy when revved up. While it's no gas guzzler, I average 18 mpg wherever I go and that's not exactly great considering premium fuel can cost over $4 a gallon. But the car is so comfortable and the driver's post is excellent. Piloting this car is truly a pleasure. Styling is gorgeous!

A true sports sedan
By Alex on 04/03/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Best part of this car on my first drive was, compare to E320 and E500 ( both I owned before) how stable this drive train is. Solid grip feel and very stable with no rocking motion side to side. surefooted to road. Engine sound make you want to drive around the town more, and it becomes very addictive. Engine is remarkably responsive and with slight touch of the acceleartor car takes off leaving other cars behind the back mirror. Its totally effortless. No wonder with that much power. Nothing like E500 I had, much more responsive.

The Greatest E class
By Best E-class on 04/01/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I two weeks ago I traded in my 2006 E350 for the 2008 E350. The handling and engine sound are much improved and there is more aviable options and combinations. I got my E350 with dvd navigation, premium 2 pkg, ipod integration, electronic trunk closer,voice control, and keyless go. The color is Sienna Black metallic which reflects red but appears to be black and the sahara/beige interior ( very nice combination). It had a MSRP or 60,500 and had a sticker price lower than a E550. I am delighted.

Almost Perfect
By beatlemaniacs on 03/15/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased this car after leasing an '05 E500 4matic. Like this car almost as much as predecessor. The 350 is missing a few features of the E500. Opted not to get the E550, but why does the E350 not come with the passenger rear view mirror tilt when in reverse, and also the trunk lock button? Also, they stripped the digital hvac function down to the old dials. Finally, the iPod system is disappointing. Why in the year 2008 it doesn't route through the COMAND like the satellite radio, navigation and regular radio is beyond me. It's way too clunky right now. Hopefully, they will address this in future models just to catch up with Ford and Nissan electronics.

E-Class Not a Real E Class
By Viyes on 03/14/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my fully loaded 2002 BMW X5 for a 2008 E350W. Should not compare apples to oranges. First Impression : After few weeks of driving the E Class, corner of my heart the BMW wins. As the saying goes, when you don't have it anymore is you will miss it even more.

Best Mercedes I've ever owned.
By Ray in NH on 02/02/08 06:10 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned one ML, two C-Class, four E-Class, two SL-Class,and two S- Class. This is the best all-round Mercedes I have owned. (The best best was the 1997 S-600). This car is faster than most sedans, and the engine is really really quiet. No one who drives with me knows it is a diesel. I tell them it is a diesel after I snap their head back while getting on the highway. Most people don't know that while driving in 'comfort' mode, the car leaves a stopped position in second gear because of the high tourque level in this vehicle.

Having a blast
By new owner on 01/21/08 03:54 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am enjoying the Mercedes experience with this car the ride and handle are second to none. The car design is well thought out as well as comfortable

2008 E550 4MATIC - Class Personified
By MaxVike on 01/19/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just turned in my 2004 E500 4MATIC for a 2008 E550 4MATIC. The '08 is demonstrably better in virtually every category...build quality, tightness, ride, speed, just overall quality. Mine is black on black with Premium 2, Panoramic Roof, electronic trunk closer, iPOD integration, 6CD, sport package, wood steering wheel, window shades...virtually everything you can get. Hate the standard, and the sport wheels, upgraded to the 18" Mekbuda wheels; added chrome window sill, chrome door handle inserts, and chrome headlight rings. The car is stunningly beautiful. I have had many nice cars, however, I have received more compliments on this car than I could have imagined. Great car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.