Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

minor issues
By Richard

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

4 Matic (insurance for bad weather), Sports package, iPod, fantastic Harmon Kardon sound system, seat heaters, and manumatic.

The navigation system is not as easy to use as other cars I've owned. Not as pin-point either. Graphics are so- so.

Fantastic vehicle
By Kent

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my E350 just a few months ago and have approximately 1100 miles on it. What more can I say about the car except fantastic. This is my first Mercedes and am nothing but impressed with the E350. The ride is very luxury like although it does have some sport mixed in too. Interior is comfortable with very supportive front seats and a rear seat that is acceptable for two people. The nav system (although an older design) is still easy to use and is functional. All switchgear is top rate and the wood trim looks expensive but not over done. Even though the seats are MB tex they still look like leather and feel great. Would purchase another Mercedes.

Would really say a lot of things I like about the car..interior comfort and quality, ride, handling, fit and finish and really most everything about the car.

If I have one thing to gripe about it would be the lack of storage area in the front seat. The console storage is very small and there isn't any place to put sunglasses. Also the glove box is rather small.

Rapid Depreciation
By chip

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought new E350 in may the car performs very well. Expect a rapid depreciation the first 6 months of about 40%. Purchased in May for $53,000, trade value in December was $29,000 with a peak of $30,000. Car is pristine. Tried to trade for an 09 could due to the depreciation.

Stereo systems very good. Sound quality excellent. The best feature is the seat comfort and location of controls.

IPOD location and functionality needs improvement. Blinker and cruise control levels to close to each other sometimes mistake signal lever for cruise lever.

Well Done
By Bob of Michigan

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Looking at Consumer Reports, I was very concerned with the reliabilty of purchasing a MB as 2004-2006 quality rating were dismal. However, my wife always wanted a Benz and glad we did! Car rides and drives like a dream. Best brakes and overall very solid. It's been 18 months with +20k miles without any incident other than having the oil changed.

Great gas mileage (22 city / 30 highway) with great performance. Hit a pothole, blew out a tire and rim. Happy to find a pair of gloves and large plastic bag to place the tire when putting into trunk. Those Germans, they think of everthing.

On occassion, touchy gas pedal when cold. Brakes took some getting used to.