2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: 320 Bluetec

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E320 BLUETEC Sedan (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 7-speed Automatic)

320 Bluetec
By New diesel rocks on

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Bought an '08 Bluetec with 15,500 miles in March 2010. Excellent vehicle. Smooth, quiet, excellent mileage, plenty of power. Very smooth shifting vehicle. This is my 3rd Mercedes, by far the best (previous was an '83 300td (junk), e300 (pretty good). I have owed Lexus (IS300) and 5 series BMW and like this better. Many other vehicles along the way and this is the best. Package 2 with keyless go, fold down rear seat and the full moon roof. 19 miles one way to work, mostly freeway with some stop and go downtown and I see 36 mpg routinely. Not a big NAV user but have found this nav system to be a challenge. Logic is not intuitive but you do figure it out with some focused effort.

Favorite Features

Keyless go. Overall ride quality (excellent suspension for everyday driving on our crumbling infrastructure). Full length moonroof. Fold down seats (my road bike fits nicely when you remove the front wheel). Scale / dimensions of the car is right for me. Stereo is pretty good too.

Suggested Improvements

Nav is a bit weak. Rest of the car is sterling. This is a luxury sedan, not a sports car but I would like a little better cornering capability (tends to be a little ponderous in hard cornering). Having said that, overall daily driving ride quality is superb.