2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
The Greatest E class
By Best E-class on 04/01/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I two weeks ago I traded in my 2006 E350 for the 2008 E350. The handling and engine sound are much improved and there is more aviable options and combinations. I got my E350 with dvd navigation, premium 2 pkg, ipod integration, electronic trunk closer,voice control, and keyless go. The color is Sienna Black metallic which reflects red but appears to be black and the sahara/beige interior ( very nice combination). It had a MSRP or 60,500 and had a sticker price lower than a E550. I am delighted.

Almost Perfect
By beatlemaniacs on 03/15/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased this car after leasing an '05 E500 4matic. Like this car almost as much as predecessor. The 350 is missing a few features of the E500. Opted not to get the E550, but why does the E350 not come with the passenger rear view mirror tilt when in reverse, and also the trunk lock button? Also, they stripped the digital hvac function down to the old dials. Finally, the iPod system is disappointing. Why in the year 2008 it doesn't route through the COMAND like the satellite radio, navigation and regular radio is beyond me. It's way too clunky right now. Hopefully, they will address this in future models just to catch up with Ford and Nissan electronics.

E-Class Not a Real E Class
By Viyes on 03/14/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my fully loaded 2002 BMW X5 for a 2008 E350W. Should not compare apples to oranges. First Impression : After few weeks of driving the E Class, corner of my heart the BMW wins. As the saying goes, when you don't have it anymore is you will miss it even more.

Having a blast
By new owner on 01/21/08 03:54 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am enjoying the Mercedes experience with this car the ride and handle are second to none. The car design is well thought out as well as comfortable

2008 E550 4MATIC - Class Personified
By MaxVike on 01/19/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just turned in my 2004 E500 4MATIC for a 2008 E550 4MATIC. The '08 is demonstrably better in virtually every category...build quality, tightness, ride, speed, just overall quality. Mine is black on black with Premium 2, Panoramic Roof, electronic trunk closer, iPOD integration, 6CD, sport package, wood steering wheel, window shades...virtually everything you can get. Hate the standard, and the sport wheels, upgraded to the 18" Mekbuda wheels; added chrome window sill, chrome door handle inserts, and chrome headlight rings. The car is stunningly beautiful. I have had many nice cars, however, I have received more compliments on this car than I could have imagined. Great car!

Best of series
By David on 01/12/08 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Mercedes, most recently C280 and then an E320. The E350 4-matic is the run away best. From the outset, it has a better ride, firmer integrity, and high comfort. In some ways it has moved closer to S-class feel and ride -- not all the way. The interior seems much roomier than my previous 2003 E320, even though the specs are only a bit roomier. The additional of 4-matic has been awesome (for me in the Midwest), comparable to the moving power of my spouse's ML in snowy conditions. I look forward to trips -- I added iPod integration and the sound is totally amazing resembling fixed speakers. Sound far exceeds radio/satellite radio. iPod control on wheel is a bit tricky.

Price and Satisfaction
By Mike D. on 11/19/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car. I've owned 1998 and 2002 E320 4Matics and this car blows them away. I have the sport model. The ride is incredibly smooth, Nav is good as is the radio. If price is a consideration ask the dealer for an "RDR" car.

Like the Car
By Edward on 11/13/07 17:41 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle last week and have driven 500 miles to date. Saturday I drove some rugged mountain roads and found the car ro handle great. Mileage was good but not enough experience to judge accurately. The seats are not as comfortable as the Lexus I traded and the cabin is smaller. Leg support could be improved. Like lthe ride and handling.

2008 E350 AWD
By SteveS on 10/11/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quality and craftmanship are the norms in this new 2008 E Class. Bluetooth should standard, rather than being required to purchase a connection module. Upgrading to P2 package well worth the investment. Handles exceptionally at high speeds, as well as cornering. The sport model is also a plus. Pick up and performance is excellent.

Wow. What a great Car
By AZ owners on 10/01/07 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We just bought our 08 E 350 and I must say that it is a great car. We looked at the Lexus GS, and BMW 5 series before making our decision. We did a 2 yr lease and when I looked at the Lexus the residual value was 51% and the E class had a 68% value. What a great deal. We love the car, it drives amazing and looks so sleek.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in WA is:

$164 per month*