Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

best business sedan
By daro05

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Unbelievable car< average of 28 MPG in city < up to 37 MPG on interstate ( still under 35 if pushed around 90MPH) Very aggressive acceleration just above 1700 RPM, excellent 7G transmission. could use sport package form E 350??? Reliable like real MB and very well made

engine

option for sport package, more leg room in the back.

Sleeper - you won't see another
By Chuck

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

This is the ultimate hauler. I use it for my daily commuter car and weekend trips with family and dog. Why get an SUV when this does it all. Looked at the Porsche SUV - but it had less room and was not as fast. Handles fantastically, but no too jarring unless the handling set on hardest setting. The best part is I will probably never see another one going the other way on the road.

Flys under the radar. Who expects a station wagon with 507 HP. Sometimes kids in the know give me the high sign because they know what it is - hilarious. Also tons of room.

The nav screen - it is upgraded for 2010. No AWD - there is a Benz AMG SUV with it - so why not?

minor issues
By Richard

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

4 Matic (insurance for bad weather), Sports package, iPod, fantastic Harmon Kardon sound system, seat heaters, and manumatic.

The navigation system is not as easy to use as other cars I've owned. Not as pin-point either. Graphics are so- so.

Fantastic vehicle
By Kent

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my E350 just a few months ago and have approximately 1100 miles on it. What more can I say about the car except fantastic. This is my first Mercedes and am nothing but impressed with the E350. The ride is very luxury like although it does have some sport mixed in too. Interior is comfortable with very supportive front seats and a rear seat that is acceptable for two people. The nav system (although an older design) is still easy to use and is functional. All switchgear is top rate and the wood trim looks expensive but not over done. Even though the seats are MB tex they still look like leather and feel great. Would purchase another Mercedes.

Would really say a lot of things I like about the car..interior comfort and quality, ride, handling, fit and finish and really most everything about the car.

If I have one thing to gripe about it would be the lack of storage area in the front seat. The console storage is very small and there isn't any place to put sunglasses. Also the glove box is rather small.