2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
S550 performance at an E550 price tag!
By westcott on 09/24/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My first MB and I now understand all the hype surrounding German engineering. The attention to details, the technology, brute performance, and respectable handling and braking for a luxury sports sedan. It will take a top of the line S600 or E65 to pass you and cost a whole lot less. I really enjoy all the conveniences and I am quickly getting a handle on the voice activated Command System. Keyless Go really is a nice feature. The AMG sport package really adds a nice touch. Operating the 7 speed auto via FI style paddle shifters really makes it feel like a performance vehicle. The safety features are not to be ignored. A fun car to drive!

Nice change
By Greg on 08/31/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2nd Benz, 4th European. Very pleased. Last car was an Acura TL, which we hated. Shocked at how poorly Acura was constructed, and we sold it after only 13,000 miles. The E350 is so much nicer. No comparison. We were debating between the GS350 and the E350. Wife liked the looks of the E, I liked the drive of both, but the E is hands down better looking. Sure, the GS is more reliable, but given my experience with the TL and Consumer Report's raving about that, who knows what to believe, and my brother in law's E has been flawless, as has been our CLK, which we kept. If the E is anything like our CLK, I'm sure we made the right choice. Nice design, solid. Very pleasant.

Not what I expected
By soregluteus on 08/18/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

My first Benz. I was glad to read a lot of positive reviews. The following makes me sound like a real whiner, but I gotta say it because I researched this car a lot before I purchased. Previous BMW and Lexus owner. First the good: Great looking, solid, smooth, and fast. Now the negative: Is it only me that thinks these seats are uncomfortable? I keep waiting to "get used to it". Still not happening. No power lumbar? Get real. No backup camera available? Toyota has it on every product. I just expected a lot more from a Mercedes. The name can't carry the reputation too much longer.

BMW Fan Get His Mercedes
By HiHoMike on 08/11/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned 7 BMW 5 series vehicles. The last one I had was a 535i, but it rode so badly and had many problems When I got my new E350, I was really surprised. I got the Sport Package, which stiffens the ride a bit, but not as harsh as the BMW. I've only had it for a week or so, but fuel economy is good (not great) and the handling is stupendous for a Benz. I only hope I don't have problems with this E350 as I see many people have had some problems, but can't be as bad as the BMW535i.

Wow
By MyE63 on 07/19/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I am so happy with my E63. It has awesome power, yet it's a comfortable ride for cruising. The car is versatile, and flexible. I've owned 3 MBs now, and this car is by far the best I've ever had. What a rock solid car.

A beautifully balanced machine
By claude Stallworth on 06/29/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I'm just the opposite of the mid-life crisis guy. Traded my 2008 red Corvette for what has to be the best lux/sports auto available. This car is so so smooth & sleek with a superb build quality both inside and out. Strangers are complementing my new ride at every stop or so it seems. This is our third Benz (wife on her second one, my first) and by far the best vehicle. I tested Jag's XF, BMW's 535 (powerful), and the Lexus offerings. I fell in love with the E350. Sienna Black with Black/Beige leather and designo Burl Walnut trim.

CLASSY
By mk on 06/24/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car ! My first MB, couldn't be happier. Everyone should own one of these once in their lifetime. Fuel economy is where it should be for a all wheel drive 268hp heavy sedan. So smooth it's unreal.

Love this car
By MBSC on 06/17/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My husband & I love this car. If we didn't have to think about the cost of gas, we'd be thinking up places to drive to. Overall, a great, fun to drive car. The other AM, we went out, and I looked at my husband, noticed his expression, and said, "you just love this car, don't you?" He smiled and said "I do." It is comfortable, and well, so intelligent. When going downhill and gathering speed, the engine doesn't upshift, when braking, the engine slows too. It pulls you through curves. Our MPG is better than advertised.

I Love It
By uscplaya on 06/16/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

The minute the car was driven into my garage by the dealership I was blown away. Next to the 2008 black M6 and even the cl550, the E63 is absolutely beautiful. Interior styling beautiful, simple, functional and elegant. Idrive is outdated and difficult to figure out, especially when you have different models of BMW. I Love the analog clock next to the speedo, even more so than the faux television screen display on the cl. AMG rocks over the M, just listen to the exhaust.

The Car I Always Wanted
By SLCFBP on 06/12/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first MB, the 350 AWD, fully loaded, in Nov. 2007. I have now driven 6K and nothing about this car has disappointed. I have not had a single problem or needed to take it in other than for the 1K complimentary check. Everything works, everything fits. I for one find the oft critisized Command system just fine though the GPS in my part of world (Southwest) seems to lose mapping capability much more than my wife's GPS in her Highlander. The MB is a dream on the long stretches, has the best soundproofing & a perfect stereo to match of any car I have owned. I have truly found the car of my dreams - I may never change brands again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.