Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Not what I expected
By soregluteus

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

My first Benz. I was glad to read a lot of positive reviews. The following makes me sound like a real whiner, but I gotta say it because I researched this car a lot before I purchased. Previous BMW and Lexus owner. First the good: Great looking, solid, smooth, and fast. Now the negative: Is it only me that thinks these seats are uncomfortable? I keep waiting to "get used to it". Still not happening. No power lumbar? Get real. No backup camera available? Toyota has it on every product. I just expected a lot more from a Mercedes. The name can't carry the reputation too much longer.

Great power. E550 feels as fast as my former M5. Looks good. Smooth transmission. The mid-size feels very responsive, I made final decision because of availability of 4matic on a car with this performance level.

As stated, manual lumbar on a car this price is a joke. Controls for Cruise and Voice activation look like add ons, sticking out inconveniently. Need back up camera. Seats are impossibly uncomfortable. I am trading in for another Lexus asap.

2008 E550 4MATIC - Class Personified
By MaxVike

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just turned in my 2004 E500 4MATIC for a 2008 E550 4MATIC. The '08 is demonstrably better in virtually every category...build quality, tightness, ride, speed, just overall quality. Mine is black on black with Premium 2, Panoramic Roof, electronic trunk closer, iPOD integration, 6CD, sport package, wood steering wheel, window shades...virtually everything you can get. Hate the standard, and the sport wheels, upgraded to the 18" Mekbuda wheels; added chrome window sill, chrome door handle inserts, and chrome headlight rings. The car is stunningly beautiful. I have had many nice cars, however, I have received more compliments on this car than I could have imagined. Great car!

Engine is smooth and powerful. Panoramic roof. Sirius and iPOD integration. Heated and ventilated seats, window shades.

Find a way to raise the NAV screen. Would like tighter sports suspension. Also, the standard wheels are impossible to keep clean.