Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

not practical
By glue2u

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Little disappointed with the car. I own a 2005 gs300 and that car shifts, rides and seems way better than this 60k e class. I was very disappointed. Burning smell coming from vents, car shifts strange, non-digital dual climate control, cheap interior, dash is not bright, no H.I.D headlights for 60k, Navigation is Not user friendly. Cruise control gets mistaken for turn signal. Too many unnecessary features. Does not ride as good as my 05 lexus.

Favorite Features

The styling, the wheels, the pano-roof, the way it screems luxury and class when your in it.

Suggested Improvements

If you buy something more expensive, then you expect higher quality materials and workmanship. I'm just overall disappointed. It may be my last one.

minor issues
By Richard

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

Favorite Features

4 Matic (insurance for bad weather), Sports package, iPod, fantastic Harmon Kardon sound system, seat heaters, and manumatic.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is not as easy to use as other cars I've owned. Not as pin-point either. Graphics are so- so.

CLASSY
By mk

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car ! My first MB, couldn't be happier. Everyone should own one of these once in their lifetime. Fuel economy is where it should be for a all wheel drive 268hp heavy sedan. So smooth it's unreal.

Favorite Features

Auto A/C, sat radio, heated seats, "The Star" on the hood

Suggested Improvements

None really, I don't love the nav unit but it's not bad

The Car I Always Wanted
By SLCFBP

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first MB, the 350 AWD, fully loaded, in Nov. 2007. I have now driven 6K and nothing about this car has disappointed. I have not had a single problem or needed to take it in other than for the 1K complimentary check. Everything works, everything fits. I for one find the oft critisized Command system just fine though the GPS in my part of world (Southwest) seems to lose mapping capability much more than my wife's GPS in her Highlander. The MB is a dream on the long stretches, has the best soundproofing & a perfect stereo to match of any car I have owned. I have truly found the car of my dreams - I may never change brands again.

Favorite Features

Build quality and optional gimmicks. Safety features. Quietness and sound system. Finally a comfortable driving position for my 6'4", 250 lb frame! Engine smoothness and responsiveness. Ride smoothness.

Suggested Improvements

GPS too often not cutting it compared to others I have used/am using. Would be nice to have the iPod info on the command screen instead of the info center. Backseat space crammed for big persons.