Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

not practical
By glue2u

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Little disappointed with the car. I own a 2005 gs300 and that car shifts, rides and seems way better than this 60k e class. I was very disappointed. Burning smell coming from vents, car shifts strange, non-digital dual climate control, cheap interior, dash is not bright, no H.I.D headlights for 60k, Navigation is Not user friendly. Cruise control gets mistaken for turn signal. Too many unnecessary features. Does not ride as good as my 05 lexus.

Favorite Features

The styling, the wheels, the pano-roof, the way it screems luxury and class when your in it.

Suggested Improvements

If you buy something more expensive, then you expect higher quality materials and workmanship. I'm just overall disappointed. It may be my last one.

Mercedes E-350 2008 Accident
By forego

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Best Safe Highway Car I ever owned. Recently in terrible accident with semi truck on I-10 just outside of Phoenix, I believe the E-350 2008 not only save our lives but we all walked away without series injury. Looking to buy same model and year again. Great highway gas mileage with power.

Drive all day!
By laselva

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked this car and purchased this car 5 years used with only 32,000 miles on it, 7 weeks & 3,600 miles later, I love this car! It's quiet, well mannered (sport package) looks great, and wants to run at 80mph all day long...in fact it did. I just drove from Orange County to Sonoma last weekend and it was perfect. Quiet, great range (27.2 mpg at 75-80 mph with the a/c on) comfortable and solid feeling! I can't believe you can get all this car for the price of a Toyota Camry. The 7 speed automatic handled the I-5 grapevine with ease (rarely needed to brake coming down, and kept the cruise control on uphill)

Favorite Features

keyless go (especially running errands), sunshade, sport package, xenon headlamps, sirius radio (great on the open road), large fuel tank (over 500 mile range)

Suggested Improvements

iphone/ipod plug in on the dash, instead of glovebox. Navigation system showing not just when to turn, but where to turn.

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By 350guy

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am writing this on the 5th anniversary of the day I took delivery (11/2/07) of my 2008 E350. The car has 102,150 miles today, averaging 20,000+ for 5 years. Absolutely remarkable car in every respect. Outside of normal maintenance items, only one repair for $198 in 5 years. I would get another one but this one feels almost new. Smooth as silk on SCal freeways, quiet, great handling, looks like new, engine positively purrs. I can't believe how well it has done over time. Follow the maintenance took the letter, drive it smoothly, park out of the sun and the result is simply amazing. I will buy another for sure. Can not imagine parting some day...

Favorite Features

Freeway cruising, so smooth, so stable, been to 120 mph many times on way to Las Vegas and 85 mph routinely, gets even more stable as the speed goes up. Love the quiet inside, satellite radio, smoothness of the car is compelling...German engineering is superb, and Mercedes is much better mechanically than any of the 4 BMWs I have had including two 7 series...

Suggested Improvements

other reviewers complain about the Command system, who cares, the sound is good and I just listen to iPod or Sat Radio anyways, didn't purchase the car for the stereo... system has been nicely upgraded, it is in my wife's 2012 ML350

Best Mercedes I've Owned!
By MB4U

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, The First Mercedes I had was a Silver 1998 Mercedes Benz E-Class. I thought it was a very nice car. So, I went out and bought a Black 2002 Mercedes Benz S-Class. I was the first one at that dealer to have the 2002. It was a very nice car, but reliable-not. So I went back and forth between BMW X5 and 5 series and Lexus LS and GX. I had all of those. So in 2008 I bought the E- Class. It was amazing! The greatest Mercedes I've ever had. Now I am going out to buy my wife a ML or GL. Thanks MB

Favorite Features

iPod Connection, Great European Leather, Backup Camera, Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation System. and placement