Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
not practical
By glue2u on 02/06/15 23:41 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Little disappointed with the car. I own a 2005 gs300 and that car shifts, rides and seems way better than this 60k e class. I was very disappointed. Burning smell coming from vents, car shifts strange, non-digital dual climate control, cheap interior, dash is not bright, no H.I.D headlights for 60k, Navigation is Not user friendly. Cruise control gets mistaken for turn signal. Too many unnecessary features. Does not ride as good as my 05 lexus.

Mercedes E-350 2008 Accident
By forego on 10/07/14 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Best Safe Highway Car I ever owned. Recently in terrible accident with semi truck on I-10 just outside of Phoenix, I believe the E-350 2008 not only save our lives but we all walked away without series injury. Looking to buy same model and year again. Great highway gas mileage with power.

Drive all day!
By laselva on 04/18/13 17:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked this car and purchased this car 5 years used with only 32,000 miles on it, 7 weeks & 3,600 miles later, I love this car! It's quiet, well mannered (sport package) looks great, and wants to run at 80mph all day long...in fact it did. I just drove from Orange County to Sonoma last weekend and it was perfect. Quiet, great range (27.2 mpg at 75-80 mph with the a/c on) comfortable and solid feeling! I can't believe you can get all this car for the price of a Toyota Camry. The 7 speed automatic handled the I-5 grapevine with ease (rarely needed to brake coming down, and kept the cruise control on uphill)

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By 350guy on 11/02/12 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am writing this on the 5th anniversary of the day I took delivery (11/2/07) of my 2008 E350. The car has 102,150 miles today, averaging 20,000+ for 5 years. Absolutely remarkable car in every respect. Outside of normal maintenance items, only one repair for $198 in 5 years. I would get another one but this one feels almost new. Smooth as silk on SCal freeways, quiet, great handling, looks like new, engine positively purrs. I can't believe how well it has done over time. Follow the maintenance took the letter, drive it smoothly, park out of the sun and the result is simply amazing. I will buy another for sure. Can not imagine parting some day...

Best Mercedes I've Owned!
By MB4U on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, The First Mercedes I had was a Silver 1998 Mercedes Benz E-Class. I thought it was a very nice car. So, I went out and bought a Black 2002 Mercedes Benz S-Class. I was the first one at that dealer to have the 2002. It was a very nice car, but reliable-not. So I went back and forth between BMW X5 and 5 series and Lexus LS and GX. I had all of those. So in 2008 I bought the E- Class. It was amazing! The greatest Mercedes I've ever had. Now I am going out to buy my wife a ML or GL. Thanks MB

WOW
By Poppy on 05/24/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2004 E320 (the best car I had ever owned) for a 2008 E350 ostensibly to get 21st century cup holders and an ipod kit. I got much more. Although the skin is very similar, the guts are all new and vastly improved. I got the Sport model and the handling is phenomenal. This is my third E Class (my wife had an E320 wagon). Each has been extremely reliable. I have always purchased CPO Mercedes and have been extremely happy with the performance and, of course, the savings.

minor issues
By Richard on 07/22/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise on 05/01/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

Fantastic vehicle
By Kent on 02/09/09 13:24 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my E350 just a few months ago and have approximately 1100 miles on it. What more can I say about the car except fantastic. This is my first Mercedes and am nothing but impressed with the E350. The ride is very luxury like although it does have some sport mixed in too. Interior is comfortable with very supportive front seats and a rear seat that is acceptable for two people. The nav system (although an older design) is still easy to use and is functional. All switchgear is top rate and the wood trim looks expensive but not over done. Even though the seats are MB tex they still look like leather and feel great. Would purchase another Mercedes.

Rapid Depreciation
By chip on 02/01/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought new E350 in may the car performs very well. Expect a rapid depreciation the first 6 months of about 40%. Purchased in May for $53,000, trade value in December was $29,000 with a peak of $30,000. Car is pristine. Tried to trade for an 09 could due to the depreciation.