Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Either I've had a "lemon" or people close eyes on MB problems
By nyfo

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased it pre-owned from a dealership under factory warranty with 39k miles on. Sold me on practicality of a sedan with a FAST ride possibility. Next day at 6 AM I was awakened by the fire crew banging at my door. My neighbors called them because of a large gas spill underneath my car. Got it towed, fixed, in a week - the same story. Fixed, then the check engine light went on. Upgraded software - tranny started "jump" shifting from the second gear to the first. Long story short, out of 6 months 3k mi of ownership I spent 8 weeks driving Hyundai offered by local MB dealership. Glad it was under warranty: I asked to see the repair bills and they summed in over 10K paid by MB over 6 months.

Looks, drive, while going, interior - all absolutely incredible!

Quality. You where building expensive reliable cars for 100 years and, of course, 10 years of building junk will not kill your name. But on the long run - you loosing customers every day and you do not target such a large population percentage with your product price point... I owned 3 Mercedeses in my short 31 years life, first 2 where great reliable cars (1985 280SE and 1989 C190 ), but no more for me after your E63, thank you.

Great performance in a beautiful package
By westcott

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Have about 2000 miles on my 2008 E63 and have enjoyed every minute of it. Late 60's engine performance in a luxury sedan that is so quiet you sometimes wonder if the engine is running. Really like the styling. A sporty look while still retaining its MB historic look. More options than one has time to learn in one year. I am still reading the very hefty manual but every day controls are intuitive and easy to navigate without a manual. This is my first Mercedes and I waited for the 2008 model in Iridium Silver Metallic to pull the trigger. Everyone should own a car like this once in their lifetime. A perfect blend of sports car performance with the prowess of a well respected luxury sedan.

Power, elegant looks, 7 speed transmission, convential hydraulic brakes,seat comfort, safety features, quiet ride, keyless go, sound system, ventilated seats, 4 zone climate control, iPod, Voice Control, folding rear seats, DVD navigation, telescoping steering wheel, satellite radio, and bluetooth.

At this price point, the car should have adjustable pedals, rear view camera, folding side view mirrors, remote start, and wheel locks standard.

Wow
By MyE63

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I am so happy with my E63. It has awesome power, yet it's a comfortable ride for cruising. The car is versatile, and flexible. I've owned 3 MBs now, and this car is by far the best I've ever had. What a rock solid car.

The engine, transmission, my car color choice (Indium Grey), and the sound of the exhaust.

The only gripe I have is with the NAV system. I've been spoiled with touch- screen and better graphics. But that feature is not that important to me.

I Love It
By uscplaya

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

The minute the car was driven into my garage by the dealership I was blown away. Next to the 2008 black M6 and even the cl550, the E63 is absolutely beautiful. Interior styling beautiful, simple, functional and elegant. Idrive is outdated and difficult to figure out, especially when you have different models of BMW. I Love the analog clock next to the speedo, even more so than the faux television screen display on the cl. AMG rocks over the M, just listen to the exhaust.

Ipod controls on the wheel. Analog clock, information display interface on the steering wheel, Teleaid.

Put a low power fuel economy mode on it like the M cars.

A true sports sedan
By Alex

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Best part of this car on my first drive was, compare to E320 and E500 ( both I owned before) how stable this drive train is. Solid grip feel and very stable with no rocking motion side to side. surefooted to road. Engine sound make you want to drive around the town more, and it becomes very addictive. Engine is remarkably responsive and with slight touch of the acceleartor car takes off leaving other cars behind the back mirror. Its totally effortless. No wonder with that much power. Nothing like E500 I had, much more responsive.

Agressvie looks, fast, responsive, very stable at high speed, sure foot feeling, excellent brakes.