2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Either I've had a "lemon" or people close eyes on MB problems
By nyfo on 06/01/11 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased it pre-owned from a dealership under factory warranty with 39k miles on. Sold me on practicality of a sedan with a FAST ride possibility. Next day at 6 AM I was awakened by the fire crew banging at my door. My neighbors called them because of a large gas spill underneath my car. Got it towed, fixed, in a week - the same story. Fixed, then the check engine light went on. Upgraded software - tranny started "jump" shifting from the second gear to the first. Long story short, out of 6 months 3k mi of ownership I spent 8 weeks driving Hyundai offered by local MB dealership. Glad it was under warranty: I asked to see the repair bills and they summed in over 10K paid by MB over 6 months.

Great performance in a beautiful package
By westcott on 09/28/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Have about 2000 miles on my 2008 E63 and have enjoyed every minute of it. Late 60's engine performance in a luxury sedan that is so quiet you sometimes wonder if the engine is running. Really like the styling. A sporty look while still retaining its MB historic look. More options than one has time to learn in one year. I am still reading the very hefty manual but every day controls are intuitive and easy to navigate without a manual. This is my first Mercedes and I waited for the 2008 model in Iridium Silver Metallic to pull the trigger. Everyone should own a car like this once in their lifetime. A perfect blend of sports car performance with the prowess of a well respected luxury sedan.

Wow
By MyE63 on 07/19/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I am so happy with my E63. It has awesome power, yet it's a comfortable ride for cruising. The car is versatile, and flexible. I've owned 3 MBs now, and this car is by far the best I've ever had. What a rock solid car.

I Love It
By uscplaya on 06/16/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

The minute the car was driven into my garage by the dealership I was blown away. Next to the 2008 black M6 and even the cl550, the E63 is absolutely beautiful. Interior styling beautiful, simple, functional and elegant. Idrive is outdated and difficult to figure out, especially when you have different models of BMW. I Love the analog clock next to the speedo, even more so than the faux television screen display on the cl. AMG rocks over the M, just listen to the exhaust.

A true sports sedan
By Alex on 04/03/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Best part of this car on my first drive was, compare to E320 and E500 ( both I owned before) how stable this drive train is. Solid grip feel and very stable with no rocking motion side to side. surefooted to road. Engine sound make you want to drive around the town more, and it becomes very addictive. Engine is remarkably responsive and with slight touch of the acceleartor car takes off leaving other cars behind the back mirror. Its totally effortless. No wonder with that much power. Nothing like E500 I had, much more responsive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.