2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
minor issues
By Richard on 07/22/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise on 05/01/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

CLASSY
By mk on 06/24/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car ! My first MB, couldn't be happier. Everyone should own one of these once in their lifetime. Fuel economy is where it should be for a all wheel drive 268hp heavy sedan. So smooth it's unreal.

The Car I Always Wanted
By SLCFBP on 06/12/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first MB, the 350 AWD, fully loaded, in Nov. 2007. I have now driven 6K and nothing about this car has disappointed. I have not had a single problem or needed to take it in other than for the 1K complimentary check. Everything works, everything fits. I for one find the oft critisized Command system just fine though the GPS in my part of world (Southwest) seems to lose mapping capability much more than my wife's GPS in her Highlander. The MB is a dream on the long stretches, has the best soundproofing & a perfect stereo to match of any car I have owned. I have truly found the car of my dreams - I may never change brands again.

Glad I Chose The Merc
By Tom M on 06/02/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just recently bought an E350 4Matic. Before this, I had an Audi A6 3.2, which was fantastic in the snow. This is just as good. I love the incredibly smooth ride, the huge glass roof, and the timeless look of the car. A few things though I'm a little disapointed with. In my A6, on mostly the highway, I was averaging 32MPG. In this, about 24. Not as good as I hoped. A fun feature is being able to fold the rear headrests down from the front (especially if ppl in the back are sleeping) but they are very uncomfortable when they are up and theres no button to raise them once they are down(Annoying). Overall, the car is beautifully well done, but I think a facelift is needed sometime soon.

Almost Perfect
By beatlemaniacs on 03/15/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased this car after leasing an '05 E500 4matic. Like this car almost as much as predecessor. The 350 is missing a few features of the E500. Opted not to get the E550, but why does the E350 not come with the passenger rear view mirror tilt when in reverse, and also the trunk lock button? Also, they stripped the digital hvac function down to the old dials. Finally, the iPod system is disappointing. Why in the year 2008 it doesn't route through the COMAND like the satellite radio, navigation and regular radio is beyond me. It's way too clunky right now. Hopefully, they will address this in future models just to catch up with Ford and Nissan electronics.

Having a blast
By new owner on 01/21/08 03:54 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am enjoying the Mercedes experience with this car the ride and handle are second to none. The car design is well thought out as well as comfortable

Best of series
By David on 01/12/08 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Mercedes, most recently C280 and then an E320. The E350 4-matic is the run away best. From the outset, it has a better ride, firmer integrity, and high comfort. In some ways it has moved closer to S-class feel and ride -- not all the way. The interior seems much roomier than my previous 2003 E320, even though the specs are only a bit roomier. The additional of 4-matic has been awesome (for me in the Midwest), comparable to the moving power of my spouse's ML in snowy conditions. I look forward to trips -- I added iPod integration and the sound is totally amazing resembling fixed speakers. Sound far exceeds radio/satellite radio. iPod control on wheel is a bit tricky.

Price and Satisfaction
By Mike D. on 11/19/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car. I've owned 1998 and 2002 E320 4Matics and this car blows them away. I have the sport model. The ride is incredibly smooth, Nav is good as is the radio. If price is a consideration ask the dealer for an "RDR" car.

2008 E350 AWD
By SteveS on 10/11/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quality and craftmanship are the norms in this new 2008 E Class. Bluetooth should standard, rather than being required to purchase a connection module. Upgrading to P2 package well worth the investment. Handles exceptionally at high speeds, as well as cornering. The sport model is also a plus. Pick up and performance is excellent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.