2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Drive all day!
By laselva on 04/18/13 17:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked this car and purchased this car 5 years used with only 32,000 miles on it, 7 weeks & 3,600 miles later, I love this car! It's quiet, well mannered (sport package) looks great, and wants to run at 80mph all day long...in fact it did. I just drove from Orange County to Sonoma last weekend and it was perfect. Quiet, great range (27.2 mpg at 75-80 mph with the a/c on) comfortable and solid feeling! I can't believe you can get all this car for the price of a Toyota Camry. The 7 speed automatic handled the I-5 grapevine with ease (rarely needed to brake coming down, and kept the cruise control on uphill)

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By 350guy on 11/02/12 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am writing this on the 5th anniversary of the day I took delivery (11/2/07) of my 2008 E350. The car has 102,150 miles today, averaging 20,000+ for 5 years. Absolutely remarkable car in every respect. Outside of normal maintenance items, only one repair for $198 in 5 years. I would get another one but this one feels almost new. Smooth as silk on SCal freeways, quiet, great handling, looks like new, engine positively purrs. I can't believe how well it has done over time. Follow the maintenance took the letter, drive it smoothly, park out of the sun and the result is simply amazing. I will buy another for sure. Can not imagine parting some day...

Best Mercedes I've Owned!
By MB4U on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, The First Mercedes I had was a Silver 1998 Mercedes Benz E-Class. I thought it was a very nice car. So, I went out and bought a Black 2002 Mercedes Benz S-Class. I was the first one at that dealer to have the 2002. It was a very nice car, but reliable-not. So I went back and forth between BMW X5 and 5 series and Lexus LS and GX. I had all of those. So in 2008 I bought the E- Class. It was amazing! The greatest Mercedes I've ever had. Now I am going out to buy my wife a ML or GL. Thanks MB

WOW
By Poppy on 05/24/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2004 E320 (the best car I had ever owned) for a 2008 E350 ostensibly to get 21st century cup holders and an ipod kit. I got much more. Although the skin is very similar, the guts are all new and vastly improved. I got the Sport model and the handling is phenomenal. This is my third E Class (my wife had an E320 wagon). Each has been extremely reliable. I have always purchased CPO Mercedes and have been extremely happy with the performance and, of course, the savings.

Fantastic vehicle
By Kent on 02/09/09 13:24 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my E350 just a few months ago and have approximately 1100 miles on it. What more can I say about the car except fantastic. This is my first Mercedes and am nothing but impressed with the E350. The ride is very luxury like although it does have some sport mixed in too. Interior is comfortable with very supportive front seats and a rear seat that is acceptable for two people. The nav system (although an older design) is still easy to use and is functional. All switchgear is top rate and the wood trim looks expensive but not over done. Even though the seats are MB tex they still look like leather and feel great. Would purchase another Mercedes.

Rapid Depreciation
By chip on 02/01/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought new E350 in may the car performs very well. Expect a rapid depreciation the first 6 months of about 40%. Purchased in May for $53,000, trade value in December was $29,000 with a peak of $30,000. Car is pristine. Tried to trade for an 09 could due to the depreciation.

Well Done
By Bob of Michigan on 01/03/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Looking at Consumer Reports, I was very concerned with the reliabilty of purchasing a MB as 2004-2006 quality rating were dismal. However, my wife always wanted a Benz and glad we did! Car rides and drives like a dream. Best brakes and overall very solid. It's been 18 months with +20k miles without any incident other than having the oil changed.

Perfect Balance of Sports and Luxury
By Alex Siu on 12/03/08 22:20 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had the car for a while now, and this car is really fun to drive.Lexus's cars are rediculously reliable but they're not sports cars, they dont have much passion in them. BMW are very sporty by nature, but the interior lacks luxury and the iDrive doesn't help. Audi's interior are first rate, but the performance lags behind most of its competitors. The E350 is accelerates smooth and swiftly, and the engine is also extremely responsive. It also incorporates everyday practicality. This interior is absolutely beautiful, Mercedes understands how to incorporate chrome to make the interior look modren and stylish while still retaining the classic Mercedes interior look. Its Just a great car!

Excellent Vehicle
By amonte on 10/30/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I now have a little over 3k miles. Very responsive on the road. I like all the features. Tried other cars like the BMW 5 series, can't compare. This ride is smooth, great sound system, and surprisingly good gas mileage for a v6. I'm very happy with my first MB.

Nice change
By Greg on 08/31/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2nd Benz, 4th European. Very pleased. Last car was an Acura TL, which we hated. Shocked at how poorly Acura was constructed, and we sold it after only 13,000 miles. The E350 is so much nicer. No comparison. We were debating between the GS350 and the E350. Wife liked the looks of the E, I liked the drive of both, but the E is hands down better looking. Sure, the GS is more reliable, but given my experience with the TL and Consumer Report's raving about that, who knows what to believe, and my brother in law's E has been flawless, as has been our CLK, which we kept. If the E is anything like our CLK, I'm sure we made the right choice. Nice design, solid. Very pleasant.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in NJ is:

$226 per month*