2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Perfect car !!!
By gottlieb on 08/31/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

2008 Bluetec E320 is the best everyday car! averaging 37 mpg highway, 30 mpg combine, plenty of power, handling is excellent, best interior design, comfortable in long driving, perfect ergonomic design, perfect car.

Drive all day!
By laselva on 04/18/13 17:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked this car and purchased this car 5 years used with only 32,000 miles on it, 7 weeks & 3,600 miles later, I love this car! It's quiet, well mannered (sport package) looks great, and wants to run at 80mph all day long...in fact it did. I just drove from Orange County to Sonoma last weekend and it was perfect. Quiet, great range (27.2 mpg at 75-80 mph with the a/c on) comfortable and solid feeling! I can't believe you can get all this car for the price of a Toyota Camry. The 7 speed automatic handled the I-5 grapevine with ease (rarely needed to brake coming down, and kept the cruise control on uphill)

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By 350guy on 11/02/12 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am writing this on the 5th anniversary of the day I took delivery (11/2/07) of my 2008 E350. The car has 102,150 miles today, averaging 20,000+ for 5 years. Absolutely remarkable car in every respect. Outside of normal maintenance items, only one repair for $198 in 5 years. I would get another one but this one feels almost new. Smooth as silk on SCal freeways, quiet, great handling, looks like new, engine positively purrs. I can't believe how well it has done over time. Follow the maintenance took the letter, drive it smoothly, park out of the sun and the result is simply amazing. I will buy another for sure. Can not imagine parting some day...

Either I've had a "lemon" or people close eyes on MB problems
By nyfo on 06/01/11 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased it pre-owned from a dealership under factory warranty with 39k miles on. Sold me on practicality of a sedan with a FAST ride possibility. Next day at 6 AM I was awakened by the fire crew banging at my door. My neighbors called them because of a large gas spill underneath my car. Got it towed, fixed, in a week - the same story. Fixed, then the check engine light went on. Upgraded software - tranny started "jump" shifting from the second gear to the first. Long story short, out of 6 months 3k mi of ownership I spent 8 weeks driving Hyundai offered by local MB dealership. Glad it was under warranty: I asked to see the repair bills and they summed in over 10K paid by MB over 6 months.

Best Mercedes I've Owned!
By MB4U on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, The First Mercedes I had was a Silver 1998 Mercedes Benz E-Class. I thought it was a very nice car. So, I went out and bought a Black 2002 Mercedes Benz S-Class. I was the first one at that dealer to have the 2002. It was a very nice car, but reliable-not. So I went back and forth between BMW X5 and 5 series and Lexus LS and GX. I had all of those. So in 2008 I bought the E- Class. It was amazing! The greatest Mercedes I've ever had. Now I am going out to buy my wife a ML or GL. Thanks MB

WOW
By Poppy on 05/24/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2004 E320 (the best car I had ever owned) for a 2008 E350 ostensibly to get 21st century cup holders and an ipod kit. I got much more. Although the skin is very similar, the guts are all new and vastly improved. I got the Sport model and the handling is phenomenal. This is my third E Class (my wife had an E320 wagon). Each has been extremely reliable. I have always purchased CPO Mercedes and have been extremely happy with the performance and, of course, the savings.

320 Bluetec
By New diesel rocks on 04/22/10 20:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Bought an '08 Bluetec with 15,500 miles in March 2010. Excellent vehicle. Smooth, quiet, excellent mileage, plenty of power. Very smooth shifting vehicle. This is my 3rd Mercedes, by far the best (previous was an '83 300td (junk), e300 (pretty good). I have owed Lexus (IS300) and 5 series BMW and like this better. Many other vehicles along the way and this is the best. Package 2 with keyless go, fold down rear seat and the full moon roof. 19 miles one way to work, mostly freeway with some stop and go downtown and I see 36 mpg routinely. Not a big NAV user but have found this nav system to be a challenge. Logic is not intuitive but you do figure it out with some focused effort.

best business sedan
By daro05 on 10/15/09 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Unbelievable car< average of 28 MPG in city < up to 37 MPG on interstate ( still under 35 if pushed around 90MPH) Very aggressive acceleration just above 1700 RPM, excellent 7G transmission. could use sport package form E 350??? Reliable like real MB and very well made

Sleeper - you won't see another
By Chuck on 10/15/09 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

This is the ultimate hauler. I use it for my daily commuter car and weekend trips with family and dog. Why get an SUV when this does it all. Looked at the Porsche SUV - but it had less room and was not as fast. Handles fantastically, but no too jarring unless the handling set on hardest setting. The best part is I will probably never see another one going the other way on the road.

minor issues
By Richard on 07/22/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.