2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Update on Mecedes E-320 BLUETE

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Review

Update on Mecedes E-320 BLUETECH
By Henry on

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I recently submitted a review of my new 2007 Bluetech. In this review I stated the problems I was having with the 7 speed transmission. I am happy to tell you that Mercedes has installed new software to eliminate this jerky shifting problem. My local dealer and Mercedes in Germany was involved in this process. It has been a week now since the update and the transmission is now shifting as smooth as silk. In fact, the transmission is shifting much more positive throughout the entire speed range. I think Mecedes and my dealer has done a great job solving this shifting problem and eliminating it. The entire process took about one hour. I thought you like to hear the good news.

Now that the transmission problem is eliminated I can not think of anything I do not like about the Mercedes BLUETECH. Great handling, lots of power, very good mileage and comfortable ride. Additionally, the great service at my Mercedes dealer is making the ownership of this car even more enjoyable

I am 6 ft tall and would prefer a little more backward adjustment of the driver seat. If available in the next model car I may want to go for the Diesel V8-420 as I have read good things about it in German car magazines.