2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Transmission Problems at 104,0

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E350 Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms on

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

Favorite Features

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

Suggested Improvements

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.
By mercedeslover1
on 04/18/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

The problem that you are most likely having is the failing of the valve body, not the entire transmission. I have previously owned one of these E-Classes, and it was nothing but a JOY! Sure, they might cost alot to maintain, but in the long run, Mercedes LAST. I made the mistake of trading mine in, and I do miss it! I now have a GLK, which is really nice, but not the same as an E-Class. The E-Class is engineered so much better than what you might be seeing at the surface now. Stay calm, get that car fixed, keep it and love it! German cars always cost more at first, but do tend to last longer in the long haul. Trust me, Meredes is the best german manufacture to deal with, BMW is a nightmare! Have a Nice Day

By driver1975
on 12/04/14 08:46 AM (PST)

I am thinking of buying a 2007 E350 with 78000 miles on it. It is VERY CLEAN and APPEARS to have been well taken care of. It drives and rides very well also. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what issues to look for, if these cars were reliable and any problems people have with this car.

By mcamp14
on 09/25/14 19:20 PM (PDT)

So what happened? Do you still have the car and did you fix it.