2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - This car is awesome

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E350 Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

This car is awesome
By Steve on

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car for my wife, but maybe somewhat for myself as well. Luxury package, sport package, upgraded 18 inch spoked rims with the low profile Conti tires. The ride is what you would expect from a German car, responsive, stiff, and you feel the road. We test drove a Lexus GS 350 and you can't compare the two. The Mercedes looks and feels better. The Lexus simply lacks pizazz and road feel. The other day my better half rubbed a curb and cut the tire. After hitting the little wrench icon in the center console, a Mercedes tech guy was out to change the tire within an hour, and since we purchased rim insurance (you have to get that, $800 for 5 years) the tire was covered!

Favorite Features

The ride is terrific, but German, so if you want that float on a pillow feel, get a Lincoln Crown Vic or a Lexus. The nav system is excellent, but there is a learning curve which can be somewhat frustrating in the beginning, but stick with it, you'll get it.

Suggested Improvements

Someone else suggested another site to put the charger for the cell phone. I'd put in in the center console. The power is fine for this car and more than adequate, especially in the sport mode. If you have the need for speed, buck up the extra cash for the E500.