Nice Car but only buy CPO buying used.
By ATLBENZ on
2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
I have driven BMW's for the last ten years and wanted a change so I went MB. I love the looks of the E350 and how comfortable it is on trips. I bought the car from an independent dealer with 48K on it. The car had been maintained by Mercedes since the day it was bought. Being the second owner and having a clean car fax, I figured I was ok. Up until last week the car was super. The car just turned 52K miles and the transmission had a major malfunction due to the electronics. I had to pay right at $2000 to have the Valve body of the transmission replaced. I am very disappointed that this happened exactly 2000 miles after the factory warranty expired.Not what you would expect on a MB this new.
Favorite Features
Its creature comforts. The killer Harmon Kardon stereo. Its very well appointed for the money.The Sport Package. The timeless design of the E class. The huge trunk.The layout of the controls.
Suggested Improvements
Better fit and finish, too much plastic for a car of this cost. Better antenna or receiver for the Sirius. Cuts out all the time. Better quality on the electronics. I would never buy another used MB unless it was bought CPO. Other wise after 50k you can run into expensive repairs if you have issues.