Why buy anything else
By Andy on
2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
I have had my Bluetec for a little over a year, tons of power and torque. You could not guess you are driving a diesel. It is fast, quiet, luxurious, and most of all economical, getting 26 mpg around town and 32-34 on the highway. The $1,000 premium for the diesel over the E350 is worth it,( just look at resales between the E320 vs E350) test drove both with little to no difference in performance or comfort. Love the classic understated good looks, the pre-safe technology, and all the other safety features. Once I drove this car I questioned why would I drive any other car in this class ( test drove E350,BMW 528I, Cadillac STS, Infiniti M35, Lexus GS350).
Favorite Features
Diesel. The best power plant I have driven in years. Great areas are the sound system, luxurious interior with real wood trim, and not faux metal, front seat comfort, and distinguished front end. The pre-safe technology makes me wonder how I lived without it. Reliability.
Suggested Improvements
A car of this price should have leather standard ($1,500.00 option.). The base MB-tex feels cheap and uncomfortable. Sport package not available on the diesel, 16 inch wheels standard for diesel. No touch screen navigation. It is difficult and annoying to use.