Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Stay away
By crap e63

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Car now has 10,000 miles. Has been at the shop 5 times. 3 check engine lights. I get same brake problem that everyone else has a problem with. Engine knocks and was told this is my problem due to California does not sell 93 octane gas. Rough starting in the morning. I have contact the dealer manager he tells me don't bother until the car has 12,000 miles. Mercedes direct says you have to get these issues resolved with the dealer. Has spent a total of 28 days at the dealer. Buy a M5.

Best of Breed
By Zanderxo

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I've owned a BMW, a Lexus, a Corvette, two Subaru's, and two prior Mercedes. The Bluetec gets the ribbon. It has a tight, solid, heavy and luxurious feel, but the torquey motor gives it plenty of punch. I feel safe in this car, even at high speed. It has air bags everywhere, and the TeleAid system (similar to OnStar). It has a tight turning radius and is no problem to park. Visibility all around is excellent. And it is not ostentatious to the point that vandals want to mess with it. The automatic tranny does have the annoying and well-known habit of "hunting" between 1st and 2nd briefly when starting out, but I've learned to ignore it! My friend's Audi had the same problem. No biggie to me.

The fuel economy is great. Around Seattle (very hilly, lots of stop and go) I get 25MPG. On a recent trip to Phoenix the computer was reading 41.3 MPG on flat highways at about 60 MPH. At highway speeds a 700 mile tank of gas is no problem. Also, the car's service interval is 1 year!

The NAV system (NavStar) stinks, and will have you driving in circles. The upgrade DVD is $280. Buy an aftermarked Garmin! Also, if you live in a hilly region like Seattle, Sirius cuts in and out so badly it's not worth the hassle either. Finally, it would be nice if MB offered AddBlue for the '07.

Scary Fast and Barely Sips Fuel
By JerryS

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Cars don't get much faster and more fuel efficient than this BlueTec diesel car. There are almost 400 foot pounds of torque and almost 40 miles per gallon. Why buy a Lexus or Toyota or BMW when you will be slower, and consuming more fuel. Plus, the other cars' value will drop like a rock in a few years. I am pleased, very pleased with the MB E320 BlueTec. This is epitome of engineering and pizzazz!

Fuel economy. Speed. Acceleration

Needs a more state of the art GPS Navigation system. Flash drive instead of a DVD.

E350 AWL
By CSTIER

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Break dust is too excessive. Windows need to be tinted somewhat. Side mirrors should automaticaly close when car is turned off considering the cost of the car. Back seat is too small. Although there are 3 headrests it really is not comfortable for 3 adults. Headrest adjustments on the passenger seat fails to perform

Radio

Automatic mirror adjustments when car is turned off. Include cassette player in car as well as compac disk.

Love this car, but....
By Marin Princess

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fifth MB I've owned, and this one's the best. It handles beautifully, and is a delight to drive. But, the GPS has me screaming! It takes me the long way, and through neighborhoods no one should drive this car through. I now print maps from my computer before I leave home, and don't rely on the one in my car. Too bad. Satellite reception for Sirius is spotty, and not my first choice. I prefer the XM system. Oh well... But I still love this car. Thanks Mercedes! You've done it again.

Styling, comfort, and security systems are all well- designed. Handles beautifully.

Get a better GPS system. Having one this bad is worse than not having one at all. It creates a false sense of security.