Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

love it!
By cargirl

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far this car is so much fun. It seems to have tremendous accelerating power and it drives like a dream. It has the sport package and the Conti tires, but it still drives very quietly and feels like total luxury. I just came out of a truck so maybe I just don't notice what the other reviewers are talking about. I chose all black with black birdseye, with premium I, and this car is HOT! So far it's great but I don't have a grip on the mpg yet. So far it's reading 21 on the display and I've been doing mixed driving. Hopefully I will see 25+ on the hwy like others have said. I almost went with another brand, glad I chose the E-class Mercedes. Looking forward to seeing the all new 2010.

Favorite Features

18" wheels, black exterior w/blk interior, black birdseye, audio system, trunk mounted Nav system that stays out of the way(just pop in the disc and forget about it), MB CPO inspection and 100k warranty, exterior design and the major "eye candy" factor. Everywhere I go this car is gawked at!

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen nav and maybe the tires that the other posters claim are much better for handling.

Was a skeptic but they blew me away!
By Jaguar Lover

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am 22 and have had two Jaguars and loved them. I wanted something different and tried the Mercedes. I was very reluctant because I have read so many horror stories about Mercedes reliability but the more refined 07 has been perfect. It is quite, safe, luxurious, sporty, wow list goes on and on it is truly an amazing car.

Favorite Features

Sport package is a must. Awesome rims, blue glass which is awesome with the white exterior and dove grey interior, more refined

Suggested Improvements

Really there are none it should come standard with xenons but that's OK. Touchscreen nav but it's really not that bad.

Used '07 E350 Sport
By storageman

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am a former auto dealer and have owned many vehicles. Shortly after buying this used E350 in Dec 08 - replaced Contis with Michelin Pilot Sports - huge improvement - but don't buy them at the dealership unless money is no object. The E350 Sport handles and performs very well, IMO, for a full-sized sedan. Gas mileage is consistently mid 20's in combined driving.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, front seat passenger comfort and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system database could use significant improvement to bring it even with Honda and Toyota - but it works. Wish the rear seat folded down.

It's no BMW, but excellent car
By Ed

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Coming from an '06 330i. This car is feels like it's built like a tank. It has such a heavy feeling my wife feels really secure with. I think it feels too heavy, and a bit too soft, but not like a Lexus at least. You can feel the road below you, just with a filter whereas the BMW lets you feel everything. The engine is quite good, lots of torque in low RPMs. Fuel economy is not as good as a BMW, but respectable. Dealer installed Continental ContiSport3 tires. Wish they used something else -- they are really loud. And the navigation really is terrible -- only can direct you to a number range on any given street. Welcome to the 21st century, Mercedes!!

Favorite Features

Looks great, inside and out. Lots of torque. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

They already fixed the navigation issues in 2009. Xenons should be standard on a car of this price.

Best Benz Yet
By Ken

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I just picked up a CPO 2007 E320 Bluetec. This is my 3rd Mercedes-Benz diesel ('74 240D 4 speed - 440K miles on it when the engine died due to loss of oil, and an '84 300D turbodiesel - sold at 337K miles and it's still running strong, from what I hear. This one is by far the best of them - I cannot imagine a car needing anything more than this car offers - quiet, fast, excellent fuel economy, beautiful build quality - it's all there. Only concern I had was repair cost, so I extneded the CPO warranty by two more years, to get me through 2013 - it was certainly cheap insurance, considering the labor rates and parts costs if something does go wrong out of warranty.

Favorite Features

Mercedes-Benz build quality - this car is solid, tight and incredibly well- built. I love (and have missed) that Mercedes vault-like 'thunk' when closing the doors, hood and trunk. Fuel economy and performance is excellent - 28mpg around town - no road trips yet, but can't wait!

Suggested Improvements

Tall drivers may find entry a bit odd at first. I've noticed I tend to brush against the B-pillar when getting into the car. Bluetooth module should have been standard in this car, n a $500 accessory, and what is up with a $200 i- Pod connector cable? Power lumbar support adjustment would be nice