Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

2007 E550 P02 + Toys
By mechedjun

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The suspension is supple and the ride is very quiet. The drive isn't exactly fun but it is engaging with solid feel and feedback. The exterior is elegant and gets nothing but compliments. However, the interior lacks the same prestige feel and the electronics are prone to failure. The electronics that do not break, are hard to use and annoying by design (navigation for example). So far we've replaced or repaired steering knuckle, rear sunshade, panoramic sunroof, windscreen seal, and other interior (except for knuckle) parts. Do not buy this car without extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 50K. I personally expected a bit more reliability from MB.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, comfortable seats, and great classic exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, reliability, stronger warranty, better customer support, and more reasonable repair costs

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

Favorite Features

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

Suggested Improvements

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.

07 BENZ E350
By Jake

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, this is my third German Car, first was a new 06 BMW 325, then a 98 MB C230. I loved that old Benz so much I had to have a newer one. This car is wonderful on fuel, getting me almost 31 MPG on the HWY, and the driver side is nice and spacious. I'm giving this car to my wife so she can experience how great a luxury car can be. I still have the 98 C230 and it has 200K on it now, and I plan to try and get at least 300K out of it.

Favorite Features

Everything - it have Navigation (took a while to get used to), I also love the Satelite Radio.

Suggested Improvements

A new one is Pricey, but you can get a used one for a good deal.

Nice Car but only buy CPO buying used.
By ATLBENZ

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have driven BMW's for the last ten years and wanted a change so I went MB. I love the looks of the E350 and how comfortable it is on trips. I bought the car from an independent dealer with 48K on it. The car had been maintained by Mercedes since the day it was bought. Being the second owner and having a clean car fax, I figured I was ok. Up until last week the car was super. The car just turned 52K miles and the transmission had a major malfunction due to the electronics. I had to pay right at $2000 to have the Valve body of the transmission replaced. I am very disappointed that this happened exactly 2000 miles after the factory warranty expired.Not what you would expect on a MB this new.

Favorite Features

Its creature comforts. The killer Harmon Kardon stereo. Its very well appointed for the money.The Sport Package. The timeless design of the E class. The huge trunk.The layout of the controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish, too much plastic for a car of this cost. Better antenna or receiver for the Sirius. Cuts out all the time. Better quality on the electronics. I would never buy another used MB unless it was bought CPO. Other wise after 50k you can run into expensive repairs if you have issues.

Luxury at it's best!
By atldane

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought this CPO E350 for my partner 2 years ago and it has been amazing. Pure luxury! We have a Land Rover, a BMW, and this E350. All different, but the Mercedes is nothing but quality and luxury at it's finest. We drive quite a bit, and this car is the most comfortable and smoothest. About to by the new style E class because this one has been a great experience. Our dealer is awesome and the car still seems brand new. This E class has 60k miles on it now, but feels like we just drove it off the showroom floor.

Favorite Features

Quality, dependability, ride, comfort and style!

Suggested Improvements

Navigation, but that is about it.