2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Used '07 E350 Sport
By storageman on 01/15/09 16:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am a former auto dealer and have owned many vehicles. Shortly after buying this used E350 in Dec 08 - replaced Contis with Michelin Pilot Sports - huge improvement - but don't buy them at the dealership unless money is no object. The E350 Sport handles and performs very well, IMO, for a full-sized sedan. Gas mileage is consistently mid 20's in combined driving.

It's no BMW, but excellent car
By Ed on 01/14/09 16:51 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Coming from an '06 330i. This car is feels like it's built like a tank. It has such a heavy feeling my wife feels really secure with. I think it feels too heavy, and a bit too soft, but not like a Lexus at least. You can feel the road below you, just with a filter whereas the BMW lets you feel everything. The engine is quite good, lots of torque in low RPMs. Fuel economy is not as good as a BMW, but respectable. Dealer installed Continental ContiSport3 tires. Wish they used something else -- they are really loud. And the navigation really is terrible -- only can direct you to a number range on any given street. Welcome to the 21st century, Mercedes!!

Best Benz Yet
By Ken on 01/08/09 02:44 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I just picked up a CPO 2007 E320 Bluetec. This is my 3rd Mercedes-Benz diesel ('74 240D 4 speed - 440K miles on it when the engine died due to loss of oil, and an '84 300D turbodiesel - sold at 337K miles and it's still running strong, from what I hear. This one is by far the best of them - I cannot imagine a car needing anything more than this car offers - quiet, fast, excellent fuel economy, beautiful build quality - it's all there. Only concern I had was repair cost, so I extneded the CPO warranty by two more years, to get me through 2013 - it was certainly cheap insurance, considering the labor rates and parts costs if something does go wrong out of warranty.

Why buy anything else
By Andy on 12/08/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have had my Bluetec for a little over a year, tons of power and torque. You could not guess you are driving a diesel. It is fast, quiet, luxurious, and most of all economical, getting 26 mpg around town and 32-34 on the highway. The $1,000 premium for the diesel over the E350 is worth it,( just look at resales between the E320 vs E350) test drove both with little to no difference in performance or comfort. Love the classic understated good looks, the pre-safe technology, and all the other safety features. Once I drove this car I questioned why would I drive any other car in this class ( test drove E350,BMW 528I, Cadillac STS, Infiniti M35, Lexus GS350).

Bercedes is still the one.
By fearlessone on 11/11/08 15:12 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

After owning a 97 C class I had a hard time deciding to purchase a new E550. But after driving the new car I am convinced that MB is back on track with quality a high prority. This car is the best I've ever driven. Also it is trouble free, requires little, simple maintenace, and no longer worries me regarding problem. If you like to drive (long trip) this is the best out there. I'll keep this one a long time.

Certified Pre-Owned Dream
By Gleasy Sue on 11/08/08 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Arctic White with P1 package (18" wheels, Sirius, heated seats, etc,). I was originally looking at a brand new C300 4MATIC but was disappointed that the C350 did not have an all wheel drive option. My other car is an '02 WRX and I was not looking to buy a naturally aspirated and less inspiring performer, which I found to be the case after driving the C. I picked up this beauty, fully loaded with the remainder of the original warranty, plus 100,000 miles that comes with the CPO status. This vehicle is absolutely stunning. I am very pleased with the acceleration and handling and am glad I did not choose to compromise with the C. Gas mileage, MB- E350>MB-C300>Subaru WRX. Love it!

Built like no other
By said 56 on 08/31/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Stand out in a look a like market. Perfect mid size. Comfortable yet firm ride, luxury interior, easy to read layout. Best E class yet. I have been driving Mercedes for 27 years. I love this car

No punches
By gt on 07/12/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

E350 sport with Pk #2 one of several MBs I've owned. Always good quality, never the zippiest ride, but totally reliable and comfortable. MPG 20 town, 27 hwy. good for this size and weight. It's like my dog, always there, and always reliable and friendly 26K miles and in shop only 2x and that was for routine maintenance.

Stay away
By crap e63 on 04/24/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Car now has 10,000 miles. Has been at the shop 5 times. 3 check engine lights. I get same brake problem that everyone else has a problem with. Engine knocks and was told this is my problem due to California does not sell 93 octane gas. Rough starting in the morning. I have contact the dealer manager he tells me don't bother until the car has 12,000 miles. Mercedes direct says you have to get these issues resolved with the dealer. Has spent a total of 28 days at the dealer. Buy a M5.

Best of Breed
By Zanderxo on 04/20/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I've owned a BMW, a Lexus, a Corvette, two Subaru's, and two prior Mercedes. The Bluetec gets the ribbon. It has a tight, solid, heavy and luxurious feel, but the torquey motor gives it plenty of punch. I feel safe in this car, even at high speed. It has air bags everywhere, and the TeleAid system (similar to OnStar). It has a tight turning radius and is no problem to park. Visibility all around is excellent. And it is not ostentatious to the point that vandals want to mess with it. The automatic tranny does have the annoying and well-known habit of "hunting" between 1st and 2nd briefly when starting out, but I've learned to ignore it! My friend's Audi had the same problem. No biggie to me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.