Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Nice Car but only buy CPO buying used.
By ATLBENZ

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have driven BMW's for the last ten years and wanted a change so I went MB. I love the looks of the E350 and how comfortable it is on trips. I bought the car from an independent dealer with 48K on it. The car had been maintained by Mercedes since the day it was bought. Being the second owner and having a clean car fax, I figured I was ok. Up until last week the car was super. The car just turned 52K miles and the transmission had a major malfunction due to the electronics. I had to pay right at $2000 to have the Valve body of the transmission replaced. I am very disappointed that this happened exactly 2000 miles after the factory warranty expired.Not what you would expect on a MB this new.

Favorite Features

Its creature comforts. The killer Harmon Kardon stereo. Its very well appointed for the money.The Sport Package. The timeless design of the E class. The huge trunk.The layout of the controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish, too much plastic for a car of this cost. Better antenna or receiver for the Sirius. Cuts out all the time. Better quality on the electronics. I would never buy another used MB unless it was bought CPO. Other wise after 50k you can run into expensive repairs if you have issues.

Wow! What a car!
By kb635csi

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I love driving this car! It feels faster than the Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet I traded in, it's infinitely more comfortable and it's capable of swallowing massive amounts of miles in a day. Take a road trip in one and you'll never want to fly (in the air) again.

Favorite Features

The engine! 507 HP! It's fantastic! And, when on cruise control, it will return 22 mpg highway, not an econocar, but not a pig, either.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's a spectacular certified pre- owned car, as the initial depreciation is rather daunting. After that, it's a spectacular automotive experience.

07 BENZ E350
By Jake

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, this is my third German Car, first was a new 06 BMW 325, then a 98 MB C230. I loved that old Benz so much I had to have a newer one. This car is wonderful on fuel, getting me almost 31 MPG on the HWY, and the driver side is nice and spacious. I'm giving this car to my wife so she can experience how great a luxury car can be. I still have the 98 C230 and it has 200K on it now, and I plan to try and get at least 300K out of it.

Favorite Features

Everything - it have Navigation (took a while to get used to), I also love the Satelite Radio.

Suggested Improvements

A new one is Pricey, but you can get a used one for a good deal.

First Merecedes, Right Choice
By nhramnl

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just took delivery of a CPO 2007 E350 4Matic and love it. Have owned BMW and Audi in the past, but always wanted to own the Gold Standard. Power is surprisingly good for a 3.5 L engine, interior and exterior quality are outstanding. All I can say is there is a reason everybody wants to own a Mercedes. Best decision I've made in a long, long. time.

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior styling, engine power and quietness, overall chassis stiffness and quiet, interior comfort, outstanding wiper system, sporty but refined handling.

Suggested Improvements

Separate cruise stalk, jerky electrically adjustable O/S rear view mirrors, Needless "manual" shift control feature, tiny glove box, dual hood ornaments (stand-up star and surface-mounted badge are overkill on an otherwise extremely tastefully executed car).

Black Beauty
By RJC

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought new for my wife's 60th birthday, this was her 5th Mercedes and 4th E-class. By far the best E- class ever. Very comfortable on long trips, 32-34 mpg avg. hwy and 19 to 21 city. Just under 30K miles and no problems. My wife absolutely loves her 2007 E-350 as much as I do my BMW Z4.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, gas mileage and good performance

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly computer