Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car.
We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically.
I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it.
They were very uncaring about my problem.
We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact).
We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.

Replace Fuel Pump After 7 Years!!
By ardot

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Smelled gas inside vehicle after filling up, engine light came on, and the smell was extremely overwhelming with gas fumes. I had to roll all windows and sunroof down in 20 degrees weather. Contacted Mercedes Benz Atlanta on Piedmont (all records on file with up keep of vehicle maintenance) to advise. Took car for repaired and I am stuck with a $1400 repair bill. I was told by my service advisor that in 7 years the fuel pump goes out and has to be replaced? REALLY MERCEDES? This is a manufacture defect and the consumer should not be held accountable for something this major. So much for high end top of the line. This is certainly a defect. I want my check Mercedes! You should be a shame!

The car is absolutely sleek and hot but trust me if 7 years I would have known that the car fuel pump is normal wear and tear and after the factory and extended warranty is over I would have purchased me another brand.

Mercedes has this answer I am certain.

Mercedes are terrific cars and when purchased used can be great Value!
By justmyopinion

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After buying my first Mercedes in 1997 E320 brand new, we became Mercedes bigots.
Why, Looked and rode as good in 2009 when we sold it as when we bought it even with it's 250km badge on the grill.
In 2009, $60+k wasn't in the cards for a new Mercedes, & we discovered how many cars are leased these days coming off in 2 to 3 years with low miles and another 3 years on warranty.
We found a 2007 E350 with 33k miles in great shape with all maint records in Mercedes dealer computer and paid $27k Out the Door.
Here almost 5 years later we have $96k miles and no problems.
We plan to buy our next Mercedes in 2019, maybe upgrading to a 2016 S class that will last us through our retirement.

All the safety features that come stock with a Mercedes Benz says it all about Mercedes commitment to safety. Once new safety technologies mature, the costs drop and they first become standard on the S, later on the E. Multiple driver settings encompassing all key driving & safety equipment ranging from all seat, wheel and mirror settings are terrific for driver and passenger. 5 CD Jukebox hidden behind climate controls is genius as is the glove box slot for an iPod using the main connector that keeps it charged as well a play music. Last but not least, Sport mode & manual shift makes driving backroads crazy fun! Adaptive cruise uphill or down is genius way to prevent tickets!

Touch screen would be a great improvement over ATM button technology (already present in 2008 E class Mercedes) and screen needs to be integrated into the overall driver dash guages with screen raised higher so eyes aren't required to fully leave the road to view navigator. Back seats while providing just enough leg room for adults, it would be tiring on long trips when ability to shift leg or feet positions even slightly make a huge difference. Automatic trunk close has been on M class for a while now, it's long overdue on E class.

Poor Quality
By armani5

Car died at 90K miles.
I have had three Mercedes and all of them have had severe quality issue.
Never buying a Mercedes again.

Quality. Customer Service.

2007 E550 P02 + Toys
By mechedjun

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The suspension is supple and the ride is very quiet.
The drive isn't exactly fun but it is engaging with solid feel and feedback.
The exterior is elegant and gets nothing but compliments.
However, the interior lacks the same prestige feel and the electronics are prone to failure.
The electronics that do not break, are hard to use and annoying by design (navigation for example).
So far we've replaced or repaired steering knuckle, rear sunshade, panoramic sunroof, windscreen seal, and other interior (except for knuckle) parts.
Do not buy this car without extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 50K.
I personally expected a bit more reliability from MB.

Strong engine, comfortable seats, and great classic exterior design.

Fuel economy, reliability, stronger warranty, better customer support, and more reasonable repair costs