27 minimimum MPG around town
By Mark on
2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
I just bought this car and previously had a 2000 Volvo S-80 T6. This car is an outstanding road car and the low torque diesel provides excellent passing on the highway. It is as quick as my Volvo S-80 T6 and as smooth on the highway but with much better gas mileage and, I hope, a better built and longer lasting engine. One problem that has already surfaced that I hope Mercedes Benz is quickly working to correct is a shifting problem when starting out - the gears shift back and forth between first and second in a jerking motion. The problem duplicates when using the manual or automatic mode even when I try to start out in second gear. MB is aware of the problem and are investigating.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry/go. Bluetooth phone. Diesel engine (very quiet) Navigation, Sirius radio
Suggested Improvements
Fix the transmission problem quickly- why can't I start out in second gear if I like as 1rst gear is geared so low? This car is the future and this sort of problem needs to be immediately corrected as the car is perfect in every other regard.