Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Really Enjoyed the Ride
By george wilds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

MBZ has costly repairs once out of warranty. Find a reliable mechanic comfortable with the brand. A pleasure to own, however.

My Mercedes nightmare!!
By Frank

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I'm the second owner of this amazing e550, let me say it's a head turner.
However after months after buying the car I started to notice a "malfunction" light indicating a car with a lift symbol. Never thought much seeing how it came on and went away. After a few weeks it started to come on daily. I then noticed the car dropped about an inch!! The airmatic was broken!! The rear was on the ground! I brought it to Mercedes they told me over 3800.00 to repair the rear airbags and compressor!!! What a joke. Who builds a car on air suspension?!?!? It will always fail. Mercedes needs to recall this! Beware buyers. After 40k you will have to replace this! Go buy a c class you'll be better off.....

2007 E550 P02 + Toys
By mechedjun

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The suspension is supple and the ride is very quiet.
The drive isn't exactly fun but it is engaging with solid feel and feedback.
The exterior is elegant and gets nothing but compliments.
However, the interior lacks the same prestige feel and the electronics are prone to failure.
The electronics that do not break, are hard to use and annoying by design (navigation for example).
So far we've replaced or repaired steering knuckle, rear sunshade, panoramic sunroof, windscreen seal, and other interior (except for knuckle) parts.
Do not buy this car without extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 50K.
I personally expected a bit more reliability from MB.

Strong engine, comfortable seats, and great classic exterior design.

Fuel economy, reliability, stronger warranty, better customer support, and more reasonable repair costs

Monster of a car but well balanced
By oldstocks

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought a used E550 and it is the best car I have ever had - balanced, powerful, smooth, ergonomic, roomy ....
love that V8 and cannot ever go back!

I have had 3 Mercedes, a Volvo, a BMW (M3), Saab, and several Fords.
I have also driven my parents 4 Mercedes.
The E550 tops all of them combined.
It has 382 horsepower but I get 28 mpg on the highway (25 if I goose it).
It looks sedate but keeps up with unwary Porsche and Corvette drivers.
Fantastically smooth driver on the interstate with fantastic response for passing.

Right now, I am shopping for an convertible (for fun) but cannot find anything as great as my current E550.
Maybe an SL550?

Powerful engine, decent V8 gas mileage, luxury comfort, smooth ride, perfect controls, roomy

Makes people jealous when they see it, heavy for high speed turns but that is not it's purpose

Great performance, mileage, terrible GPS
By Robert

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love the horsepower and the mileage. The car flies and I get over 28 MPG on the highway and 22 MPG overall. Mine did have a cylinder head replaced at 2500 miles but it has run great ever sense. The hood does not line up perfectly which is not something I expected from MBZ. This is my fourth Mercedes but it will probably be my last because of the navigation system. The GPS is the worst product I have ever purchased and I am very familiar with GPS systems. After two years of trying, I give up. It simply does not work. It proposes ridiculous routes, is difficult to use, shows irrelevant points and leaves off significant towns, even on interstates. I wish there was a fix for it.

Horse power and gas mileage.

Provide a GPS that works.