Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Shame on you Mercedes
By alcrawjr

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2007 E350, this is my second Mercedes and my last!! Transmission went into limp mode at 71k miles. Called MB headquarters and was told that there had not been enough reports of this issue for MB to recall. Hard to believe because its being reported all over the net. The local MB certified mechanic says he can't get the repair part because MB has a lock on them. I see 1980 models driving all over, but 2006-2014 are not even making it to 70k. I was told that the speed sensor fails around 52k miles. Where is the QUALITY ??? The car is DOA in the driveway while I drive my Jaguar... Go figure

Nothing now

Step up and do a recall on the transmissions. We Pay too much money for your product to get such poor quality.

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Avant-Garde Sport
By mercedeslover1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes- Benz E-Class is an amazing vehicle, that I have truly enjoyed owning. The design is so timeless and elegant and never looks pretentious, but only classy. The interior and exterior are made of materials that are built to last, and everything feels high quality and feels as if it could withstand a nuclear attack. However, there are some problems with this model, specifically with the transmission valve body, which does tend to fail but the replacement should resolve any issues. This car is expensive to fix, and owners should have a few thousand sat aside for potential problems, however problems generally are few to none.

I loved this car, and miss it, everything was perfect! I will buy another E-Class one day, but now I will stick to my GLK-Class.

N/A- Why mess with perfection?

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.

Replace Fuel Pump After 7 Years!!
By ardot

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Smelled gas inside vehicle after filling up, engine light came on, and the smell was extremely overwhelming with gas fumes. I had to roll all windows and sunroof down in 20 degrees weather. Contacted Mercedes Benz Atlanta on Piedmont (all records on file with up keep of vehicle maintenance) to advise. Took car for repaired and I am stuck with a $1400 repair bill. I was told by my service advisor that in 7 years the fuel pump goes out and has to be replaced? REALLY MERCEDES? This is a manufacture defect and the consumer should not be held accountable for something this major. So much for high end top of the line. This is certainly a defect. I want my check Mercedes! You should be a shame!

The car is absolutely sleek and hot but trust me if 7 years I would have known that the car fuel pump is normal wear and tear and after the factory and extended warranty is over I would have purchased me another brand.

Mercedes has this answer I am certain.

Mercedes are terrific cars and when purchased used can be great Value!
By justmyopinion

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After buying my first Mercedes in 1997 E320 brand new, we became Mercedes bigots. Why, Looked and rode as good in 2009 when we sold it as when we bought it even with it's 250km badge on the grill. In 2009, $60+k wasn't in the cards for a new Mercedes, & we discovered how many cars are leased these days coming off in 2 to 3 years with low miles and another 3 years on warranty. We found a 2007 E350 with 33k miles in great shape with all maint records in Mercedes dealer computer and paid $27k Out the Door. Here almost 5 years later we have $96k miles and no problems. We plan to buy our next Mercedes in 2019, maybe upgrading to a 2016 S class that will last us through our retirement.

All the safety features that come stock with a Mercedes Benz says it all about Mercedes commitment to safety. Once new safety technologies mature, the costs drop and they first become standard on the S, later on the E. Multiple driver settings encompassing all key driving & safety equipment ranging from all seat, wheel and mirror settings are terrific for driver and passenger. 5 CD Jukebox hidden behind climate controls is genius as is the glove box slot for an iPod using the main connector that keeps it charged as well a play music. Last but not least, Sport mode & manual shift makes driving backroads crazy fun! Adaptive cruise uphill or down is genius way to prevent tickets!

Touch screen would be a great improvement over ATM button technology (already present in 2008 E class Mercedes) and screen needs to be integrated into the overall driver dash guages with screen raised higher so eyes aren't required to fully leave the road to view navigator. Back seats while providing just enough leg room for adults, it would be tiring on long trips when ability to shift leg or feet positions even slightly make a huge difference. Automatic trunk close has been on M class for a while now, it's long overdue on E class.