Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Shame on you Mercedes
By swat94

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2007 E350, this is my 4th Mercedes and definitly my last!! Main seal went at 30K, power steering pump at approx. 55K and Transmission went DOA at 60K miles. What ever happened to Mercedes??? Quality stinks!! For the price of a Mercedes you can pick up two Jap cars and youll get your bang for your buck. I can assure you the transmission doesnt go out at 60K on Toyota, Honda etc.. Good bye Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go sell you cars somewhere else!!

Favorite Features

Nice body and interior design

Suggested Improvements

Engine transmission problems

Shame on you Mercedes
By alcrawjr

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2007 E350, this is my second Mercedes and my last!! Transmission went into limp mode at 71k miles. Called MB headquarters and was told that there had not been enough reports of this issue for MB to recall. Hard to believe because its being reported all over the net. The local MB certified mechanic says he can't get the repair part because MB has a lock on them. I see 1980 models driving all over, but 2006-2014 are not even making it to 70k. I was told that the speed sensor fails around 52k miles. Where is the QUALITY ??? The car is DOA in the driveway while I drive my Jaguar... Go figure

Favorite Features

Nothing now

Suggested Improvements

Step up and do a recall on the transmissions. We Pay too much money for your product to get such poor quality.

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Avant-Garde Sport
By mercedeslover1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes- Benz E-Class is an amazing vehicle, that I have truly enjoyed owning. The design is so timeless and elegant and never looks pretentious, but only classy. The interior and exterior are made of materials that are built to last, and everything feels high quality and feels as if it could withstand a nuclear attack. However, there are some problems with this model, specifically with the transmission valve body, which does tend to fail but the replacement should resolve any issues. This car is expensive to fix, and owners should have a few thousand sat aside for potential problems, however problems generally are few to none.

Favorite Features

I loved this car, and miss it, everything was perfect! I will buy another E-Class one day, but now I will stick to my GLK-Class.

Suggested Improvements

N/A- Why mess with perfection?

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

Favorite Features

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

Suggested Improvements

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.

Replace Fuel Pump After 7 Years!!
By ardot

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Smelled gas inside vehicle after filling up, engine light came on, and the smell was extremely overwhelming with gas fumes. I had to roll all windows and sunroof down in 20 degrees weather. Contacted Mercedes Benz Atlanta on Piedmont (all records on file with up keep of vehicle maintenance) to advise. Took car for repaired and I am stuck with a $1400 repair bill. I was told by my service advisor that in 7 years the fuel pump goes out and has to be replaced? REALLY MERCEDES? This is a manufacture defect and the consumer should not be held accountable for something this major. So much for high end top of the line. This is certainly a defect. I want my check Mercedes! You should be a shame!

Favorite Features

The car is absolutely sleek and hot but trust me if 7 years I would have known that the car fuel pump is normal wear and tear and after the factory and extended warranty is over I would have purchased me another brand.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes has this answer I am certain.