Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best vehicle in class
By Dennis Livingston

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our 2007 Mercedes E350 is the first Mercedes we've purchased. We bought it with 4k miles on it in 20007. It has been a pleasure to own and drive. We have had it serviced by our Mercedes dealer, Walters, Riverside, Ca. At this time we have 88K on it without a problem. This after the front end was hit while the vehicle was parked, by an 18 yr learning to drive. The front brakes have yet to need changing! The rears brakes have been changed twice. Our daughter recently needed to replace her Honda Civic and as fate would have it, her area Mercedes dealer has a 2009 E350 with 70k miles that we didn't hesitate to recommend she buy! She is driving it with joy and confidence. She will also have it serviced by Mercedes only. My wife and I will purchase an S class and keep the E350 as a second car. The safety, quality, reliability and performance are hard to beat.

Shame on you Mercedes
By swat94

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2007 E350, this is my 4th Mercedes and definitly my last!! Main seal went at 30K, power steering pump at approx. 55K and Transmission went DOA at 60K miles. What ever happened to Mercedes??? Quality stinks!! For the price of a Mercedes you can pick up two Jap cars and youll get your bang for your buck. I can assure you the transmission doesnt go out at 60K on Toyota, Honda etc.. Good bye Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go sell you cars somewhere else!!

Nice body and interior design

Engine transmission problems

Shame on you Mercedes
By alcrawjr

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2007 E350, this is my second Mercedes and my last!! Transmission went into limp mode at 71k miles. Called MB headquarters and was told that there had not been enough reports of this issue for MB to recall. Hard to believe because its being reported all over the net. The local MB certified mechanic says he can't get the repair part because MB has a lock on them. I see 1980 models driving all over, but 2006-2014 are not even making it to 70k. I was told that the speed sensor fails around 52k miles. Where is the QUALITY ??? The car is DOA in the driveway while I drive my Jaguar... Go figure

Nothing now

Step up and do a recall on the transmissions. We Pay too much money for your product to get such poor quality.

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Avant-Garde Sport
By mercedeslover1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes- Benz E-Class is an amazing vehicle, that I have truly enjoyed owning. The design is so timeless and elegant and never looks pretentious, but only classy. The interior and exterior are made of materials that are built to last, and everything feels high quality and feels as if it could withstand a nuclear attack. However, there are some problems with this model, specifically with the transmission valve body, which does tend to fail but the replacement should resolve any issues. This car is expensive to fix, and owners should have a few thousand sat aside for potential problems, however problems generally are few to none.

I loved this car, and miss it, everything was perfect! I will buy another E-Class one day, but now I will stick to my GLK-Class.

N/A- Why mess with perfection?

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

We have had a long list of problems with the car since that date. It seems each time we would get ready to trade it in, a light would come on and cost us another thousand or two dollars. Now the transmission is locked up again.

There is no pride of engineering in this vehicle and MB will not stand behind their products. We thought we had a long term vehicle when we bought this car. Sadly, this is not the case. We will never purchase another Mercedes Benz. Take this as the word of warning it is intended to be.