2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Shame on you Mercedes
By alcrawjr on 07/26/14 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2007 E350, this is my second Mercedes and my last!! Transmission went into limp mode at 71k miles. Called MB headquarters and was told that there had not been enough reports of this issue for MB to recall. Hard to believe because its being reported all over the net. The local MB certified mechanic says he can't get the repair part because MB has a lock on them. I see 1980 models driving all over, but 2006-2014 are not even making it to 70k. I was told that the speed sensor fails around 52k miles. Where is the QUALITY ??? The car is DOA in the driveway while I drive my Jaguar... Go figure

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Avant-Garde Sport
By mercedeslover1 on 04/18/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes- Benz E-Class is an amazing vehicle, that I have truly enjoyed owning. The design is so timeless and elegant and never looks pretentious, but only classy. The interior and exterior are made of materials that are built to last, and everything feels high quality and feels as if it could withstand a nuclear attack. However, there are some problems with this model, specifically with the transmission valve body, which does tend to fail but the replacement should resolve any issues. This car is expensive to fix, and owners should have a few thousand sat aside for potential problems, however problems generally are few to none.

Transmission Problems at 104,000 miles!
By davidms on 02/18/14 09:44 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, we bought the extended warranty (36 months / 100,000 miles) on our CPO 2007 E350 in February 2011 when we purchased the car. We were coming home from work in January 2014 when our transmission locked in 1st gear and could not be shifted manually or automatically. I contacted MB and was told that since the car now had 104,000 miles on it, I was was no longer covered and there was nothing they could do about it. They were very uncaring about my problem. We had the transmission serviced and were told that the transmissions in the 2007 E350's were American made by Chrysler (not good to know after the fact). We were told further that we should get rid of the car as soon as possible.

Replace Fuel Pump After 7 Years!!
By ardot on 02/05/14 01:04 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Smelled gas inside vehicle after filling up, engine light came on, and the smell was extremely overwhelming with gas fumes. I had to roll all windows and sunroof down in 20 degrees weather. Contacted Mercedes Benz Atlanta on Piedmont (all records on file with up keep of vehicle maintenance) to advise. Took car for repaired and I am stuck with a $1400 repair bill. I was told by my service advisor that in 7 years the fuel pump goes out and has to be replaced? REALLY MERCEDES? This is a manufacture defect and the consumer should not be held accountable for something this major. So much for high end top of the line. This is certainly a defect. I want my check Mercedes! You should be a shame!

Mercedes are terrific cars and when purchased used can be great Value!
By justmyopinion on 10/22/13 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After buying my first Mercedes in 1997 E320 brand new, we became Mercedes bigots. Why, Looked and rode as good in 2009 when we sold it as when we bought it even with it's 250km badge on the grill. In 2009, $60+k wasn't in the cards for a new Mercedes, & we discovered how many cars are leased these days coming off in 2 to 3 years with low miles and another 3 years on warranty. We found a 2007 E350 with 33k miles in great shape with all maint records in Mercedes dealer computer and paid $27k Out the Door. Here almost 5 years later we have $96k miles and no problems. We plan to buy our next Mercedes in 2019, maybe upgrading to a 2016 S class that will last us through our retirement.

Poor Quality
By armani5 on 09/11/13 19:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Car died at 90K miles. I have had three Mercedes and all of them have had severe quality issue. Never buying a Mercedes again.

2007 E550 P02 + Toys
By mechedjun on 03/26/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The suspension is supple and the ride is very quiet. The drive isn't exactly fun but it is engaging with solid feel and feedback. The exterior is elegant and gets nothing but compliments. However, the interior lacks the same prestige feel and the electronics are prone to failure. The electronics that do not break, are hard to use and annoying by design (navigation for example). So far we've replaced or repaired steering knuckle, rear sunshade, panoramic sunroof, windscreen seal, and other interior (except for knuckle) parts. Do not buy this car without extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 50K. I personally expected a bit more reliability from MB.

Monster of a car but well balanced
By oldstocks on 03/17/12 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought a used E550 and it is the best car I have ever had - balanced, powerful, smooth, ergonomic, roomy .... love that V8 and cannot ever go back! I have had 3 Mercedes, a Volvo, a BMW (M3), Saab, and several Fords. I have also driven my parents 4 Mercedes. The E550 tops all of them combined. It has 382 horsepower but I get 28 mpg on the highway (25 if I goose it). It looks sedate but keeps up with unwary Porsche and Corvette drivers. Fantastically smooth driver on the interstate with fantastic response for passing. Right now, I am shopping for an convertible (for fun) but cannot find anything as great as my current E550. Maybe an SL550?

2007 E350
By firstbenz on 11/04/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 E350 with 50,195 miles on it. At 59,000 miles the check engine light came on. Found out the car needed a new manafold because of some small plastic movement flap broke. Also, needed to purchase a Valvle Body Assembly for the transmission. Cost $2,800 dollars. Found out the Engine Light came on at 50,195 miles and a dealer told me that is why they traded the car. He stated any thing over 50,000 miles is out of warranty. I exspected more from Mercedes. It is a simular reason I stoped buying BMW's 30 years ago.

Luxury at it's best!
By atldane on 09/08/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought this CPO E350 for my partner 2 years ago and it has been amazing. Pure luxury! We have a Land Rover, a BMW, and this E350. All different, but the Mercedes is nothing but quality and luxury at it's finest. We drive quite a bit, and this car is the most comfortable and smoothest. About to by the new style E class because this one has been a great experience. Our dealer is awesome and the car still seems brand new. This E class has 60k miles on it now, but feels like we just drove it off the showroom floor.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.