Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Wow! What a car!
By kb635csi

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I love driving this car! It feels faster than the Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet I traded in, it's infinitely more comfortable and it's capable of swallowing massive amounts of miles in a day. Take a road trip in one and you'll never want to fly (in the air) again.

Favorite Features

The engine! 507 HP! It's fantastic! And, when on cruise control, it will return 22 mpg highway, not an econocar, but not a pig, either.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's a spectacular certified pre- owned car, as the initial depreciation is rather daunting. After that, it's a spectacular automotive experience.

Stay away
By crap e63

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Car now has 10,000 miles. Has been at the shop 5 times. 3 check engine lights. I get same brake problem that everyone else has a problem with. Engine knocks and was told this is my problem due to California does not sell 93 octane gas. Rough starting in the morning. I have contact the dealer manager he tells me don't bother until the car has 12,000 miles. Mercedes direct says you have to get these issues resolved with the dealer. Has spent a total of 28 days at the dealer. Buy a M5.

E63
By Bernies Car

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Very nice car. I had a E55 prior to this car and it was also very nice. I did like the twin turbo in my e55 but I like the seven speed transmission quite a bit better than my old car. Plenty of power but gas mileage is terrible. All in all a great car.

Favorite Features

Power, smoothness of transmission, and design.

Suggested Improvements

Should have audible sensor instead of basically lights in bumper sensors. I backed into someone as I wasn't watching the lights and when the sensor finally buzzed it was too late.

High Flying Rocket Ship
By myE63rocket

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I was in the market for a sporty sedan and I had mixed emotions about the M5 vs. E63 and I am positive I made the right decision on picking the E63. The overall performance of the newly redesigned AMG motor really presses you up against your seat. When have 507hp under the hood with 465ft-lbs of torque trusting you past the guy next to you its fun to see their face when they catch up at the next red light.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifting though the gears and the explosiveness off the line. Being able to hit the rev limiter at 155mph and taking turns at 120mph at the AMG Challenge (Highly recommend if you are interested or have purchased a AMG model)

Suggested Improvements

Some 19 or 20 racing wheels so that it can look like the new Black Series

Brake Squealer
By Jeff

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Great car performance wise except for the constant loud squealing brakes! Dealership refuses to fix problem . AMG does not respnd to Inquiries! Should be called the E 60 Squeeler

Favorite Features

Looks, engine performance .

Suggested Improvements

Brake design horrible! Jerky 7 speed transmission. Support from AMG . Bottom line - You will get noticed but not because of the looks !