Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

E320 BLUETEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 7-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

This should not happen to Mercedes
By om424la

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

2007 E320 Bluetec V6 Diesel, Nothing major but bunch of small stuff that disables car for days. Cracked inter-cooler hoses, failed Mass Air Flow sensors, Failed EGR valve, Clogged DPF filter, scary one was when fuel filter clamp failed, sprayed fuel on hot turbocharger and ignited, my lucky day I was standing in traffic so I was able to see cloud of the smoke coming under the hood and can of soda put the fire out (I should let it burn). All this under 74K miles. This is my 8th Mercedes and seams that newer the car more problems with it.

Favorite Features

Diesel engine and 7 speed transmission will get 27-30 MPG at 80mph

Suggested Improvements

E class shrink over the years W124 was huge comparing to this W211, my son C300 has more space on the front seat then me. I am big guy so I have to push my seat all the way back then getting in and out door post is right on the way. this was not the case with any other ones I owned.

A Great Machine
By Fedvet

Purchased a CPO E320 Bluetec with 24K miles. Impressed with build quality, drive ability, features. I'm 6'4, 220 lbs, and have plenty of leg, hip and headroom both as a driver and as a passenger (can sit comfortably behind driver's seat which was set to my specs). Took a 1K mile shakedown to NW PA and averaged about 35.5 mpg in mostly highway driving between 70 - 75 mph. Stone quiet, provides a great sense of confidence in ride and handling qualities. Only quibble is the COMMAND radio system, for its apparent sophistication, has no satellite radio standard. I do not miss nav - that's why I use AAA maps!

Favorite Features

Powertrain Quality Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio should have been standard

What a car
By Dave J

Just purchased a CPO Bluetec with 24K. Dealer experience was excellent. In two weeks have put on two thousand miles of primarily highway driving between 70 - 76 mph. Average MPG is slightly over 35. Systems are A-1; everything is intuitive. Extremely comfortable and supportive seats in MB Tex. Will check back in after first D service in 8 K miles.

Favorite Features

Engine Comfort Class

Suggested Improvements

How could there be?

Best Benz Yet
By Ken

I just picked up a CPO 2007 E320 Bluetec. This is my 3rd Mercedes-Benz diesel ('74 240D 4 speed - 440K miles on it when the engine died due to loss of oil, and an '84 300D turbodiesel - sold at 337K miles and it's still running strong, from what I hear. This one is by far the best of them - I cannot imagine a car needing anything more than this car offers - quiet, fast, excellent fuel economy, beautiful build quality - it's all there. Only concern I had was repair cost, so I extneded the CPO warranty by two more years, to get me through 2013 - it was certainly cheap insurance, considering the labor rates and parts costs if something does go wrong out of warranty.

Favorite Features

Mercedes-Benz build quality - this car is solid, tight and incredibly well- built. I love (and have missed) that Mercedes vault-like 'thunk' when closing the doors, hood and trunk. Fuel economy and performance is excellent - 28mpg around town - no road trips yet, but can't wait!

Suggested Improvements

Tall drivers may find entry a bit odd at first. I've noticed I tend to brush against the B-pillar when getting into the car. Bluetooth module should have been standard in this car, n a $500 accessory, and what is up with a $200 i- Pod connector cable? Power lumbar support adjustment would be nice

Why buy anything else
By Andy

I have had my Bluetec for a little over a year, tons of power and torque. You could not guess you are driving a diesel. It is fast, quiet, luxurious, and most of all economical, getting 26 mpg around town and 32-34 on the highway. The $1,000 premium for the diesel over the E350 is worth it,( just look at resales between the E320 vs E350) test drove both with little to no difference in performance or comfort. Love the classic understated good looks, the pre-safe technology, and all the other safety features. Once I drove this car I questioned why would I drive any other car in this class ( test drove E350,BMW 528I, Cadillac STS, Infiniti M35, Lexus GS350).

Favorite Features

Diesel. The best power plant I have driven in years. Great areas are the sound system, luxurious interior with real wood trim, and not faux metal, front seat comfort, and distinguished front end. The pre-safe technology makes me wonder how I lived without it. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

A car of this price should have leather standard ($1,500.00 option.). The base MB-tex feels cheap and uncomfortable. Sport package not available on the diesel, 16 inch wheels standard for diesel. No touch screen navigation. It is difficult and annoying to use.