2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

E320 BLUETEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 7-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
A Great Machine
By Fedvet on 10/16/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Purchased a CPO E320 Bluetec with 24K miles. Impressed with build quality, drive ability, features. I'm 6'4, 220 lbs, and have plenty of leg, hip and headroom both as a driver and as a passenger (can sit comfortably behind driver's seat which was set to my specs). Took a 1K mile shakedown to NW PA and averaged about 35.5 mpg in mostly highway driving between 70 - 75 mph. Stone quiet, provides a great sense of confidence in ride and handling qualities. Only quibble is the COMMAND radio system, for its apparent sophistication, has no satellite radio standard. I do not miss nav - that's why I use AAA maps!

What a car
By Dave J on 10/07/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

Just purchased a CPO Bluetec with 24K. Dealer experience was excellent. In two weeks have put on two thousand miles of primarily highway driving between 70 - 76 mph. Average MPG is slightly over 35. Systems are A-1; everything is intuitive. Extremely comfortable and supportive seats in MB Tex. Will check back in after first D service in 8 K miles.

Best Benz Yet
By Ken on 01/08/09 02:44 AM (PST)

I just picked up a CPO 2007 E320 Bluetec. This is my 3rd Mercedes-Benz diesel ('74 240D 4 speed - 440K miles on it when the engine died due to loss of oil, and an '84 300D turbodiesel - sold at 337K miles and it's still running strong, from what I hear. This one is by far the best of them - I cannot imagine a car needing anything more than this car offers - quiet, fast, excellent fuel economy, beautiful build quality - it's all there. Only concern I had was repair cost, so I extneded the CPO warranty by two more years, to get me through 2013 - it was certainly cheap insurance, considering the labor rates and parts costs if something does go wrong out of warranty.

Why buy anything else
By Andy on 12/08/08 15:23 PM (PST)

I have had my Bluetec for a little over a year, tons of power and torque. You could not guess you are driving a diesel. It is fast, quiet, luxurious, and most of all economical, getting 26 mpg around town and 32-34 on the highway. The $1,000 premium for the diesel over the E350 is worth it,( just look at resales between the E320 vs E350) test drove both with little to no difference in performance or comfort. Love the classic understated good looks, the pre-safe technology, and all the other safety features. Once I drove this car I questioned why would I drive any other car in this class ( test drove E350,BMW 528I, Cadillac STS, Infiniti M35, Lexus GS350).

Best of Breed
By Zanderxo on 04/20/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

I've owned a BMW, a Lexus, a Corvette, two Subaru's, and two prior Mercedes. The Bluetec gets the ribbon. It has a tight, solid, heavy and luxurious feel, but the torquey motor gives it plenty of punch. I feel safe in this car, even at high speed. It has air bags everywhere, and the TeleAid system (similar to OnStar). It has a tight turning radius and is no problem to park. Visibility all around is excellent. And it is not ostentatious to the point that vandals want to mess with it. The automatic tranny does have the annoying and well-known habit of "hunting" between 1st and 2nd briefly when starting out, but I've learned to ignore it! My friend's Audi had the same problem. No biggie to me.

Scary Fast and Barely Sips Fuel
By JerryS on 03/08/08 09:01 AM (PST)

Cars don't get much faster and more fuel efficient than this BlueTec diesel car. There are almost 400 foot pounds of torque and almost 40 miles per gallon. Why buy a Lexus or Toyota or BMW when you will be slower, and consuming more fuel. Plus, the other cars' value will drop like a rock in a few years. I am pleased, very pleased with the MB E320 BlueTec. This is epitome of engineering and pizzazz!

Performance and Enconomy
By Carl Stringer on 12/20/07 09:55 AM (PST)

This is my first MB and I bought it for reliability, economy and style and it has not let me down. Economy is amazing. I get 26 mpg in town and 28- 30 mpg on my 55 mile commute (at 80- 90mph!). Passing is effortless and silent, it really has quite a good mid- range punch. The 580 mile range is also great, a lot less time is spent at the pump. A 13,000 mile service interval is also a time saver. You can hardly tell that it is a diesel at all. The motor only rattles at low rpm, low speed with the window down. I've had just one issue, a buzzing speaker which was fixed under warranty. One small gripe is turbo lag, but you learn to drive around it. Buy one!

Great Cruiser
By Car Nut on 12/13/07 06:12 AM (PST)

I love cars and the Bluetec is fun to own. Diesel power is amazing, liked the pull/torque better than the 350 gasser. Smooth and quiet. Not a handling machine, but this is a lux cruiser, not a sports car. 7-speed trans is great with the diesel's short power band, but it's a little jerky when cold. Smaller brakes than the 350 with larger wheels, but same tested stopping distance. Styling is subdued and refined, so I'll like how it looks for the long haul. HK sound system is really good. Nav works well, updates quickly, but a pain to enter addresses.

Bluetec Heaven !
By DerekS on 09/03/07 16:59 PM (PDT)

Having previously driven various BMW and MB models over the past 20+ years, my 2008 Bluetec is the best yet. The astounding torque has to be experienced to be believed. Passing performance is rocket-like. Trips to gas stations have become far fewer. All of the wonderful features of the E Class are combined with the superb V6 diesel. Why would anyone looking to buy an new E Class (or a similar luxury sedan) not consider the amazing E320 Bluetec ?? If V8 power combined with 4 cylinder fuel economy doesn't make sense, then what does ?

My New Bluetec
By Alan on 06/27/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

This is an excellent all round vehicle. I opted to upgrade the wheel package to 10 twin spoke alloys - why these are not offered as standard as they are on the E350 surprises me

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.