Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel

E320 BLUETEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 7-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

An amazing ride, an amazing vehicle!
By Ken

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This diesel engine marvel is everything others have said about it: quiet, clean, LOTS of torque, and great gas mileage! Driving the car home from Texas I drove from Amarillo, TX to Holbrook, AZ on less than a tank of gas. I then drove from Snowflake, AZ to Salt Lake at 75-80 mph via Flagstaff (625 miles) with fuel left over for a few days of driving around town. Climbing mountain grades and passing other cars was effortless. The ride and handling were amazing. This is my first Mercedes and first diesel powered sedan. Given my experiences so far, I'm not going back to a gas powered car. It has the navigation system, which is nice, but easily outdone by my iPhone. It also has the Harmon Kardon audio system which is great. While it's almost 10 years old now, you wouldn't know it by how it handles.

It is more expensive to maintain (9 qts of synthetic oil vs. 5 on other cars) I'll update this in a year... but for now, I'm glad I bought the car.

Leaky bucket
By R.Scott

Repair costs are high. the turbocharger went out before 75K and at a cost of 5,000 to replace. At the time there were no rebuild kits available. Had to replace the oil cooler from leaking, the manifolds seem to clog early. The after market warranty policies are not worth the paper, but that is another story.

This should not happen to Mercedes
By om424la

2007 E320 Bluetec V6 Diesel, Nothing major but bunch of small stuff that disables car for days. Cracked inter-cooler hoses, failed Mass Air Flow sensors, Failed EGR valve, Clogged DPF filter, scary one was when fuel filter clamp failed, sprayed fuel on hot turbocharger and ignited, my lucky day I was standing in traffic so I was able to see cloud of the smoke coming under the hood and can of soda put the fire out (I should let it burn). All this under 74K miles. This is my 8th Mercedes and seams that newer the car more problems with it.

Diesel engine and 7 speed transmission will get 27-30 MPG at 80mph

E class shrink over the years W124 was huge comparing to this W211, my son C300 has more space on the front seat then me. I am big guy so I have to push my seat all the way back then getting in and out door post is right on the way. this was not the case with any other ones I owned.

A Great Machine
By Fedvet

Purchased a CPO E320 Bluetec with 24K miles. Impressed with build quality, drive ability, features. I'm 6'4, 220 lbs, and have plenty of leg, hip and headroom both as a driver and as a passenger (can sit comfortably behind driver's seat which was set to my specs). Took a 1K mile shakedown to NW PA and averaged about 35.5 mpg in mostly highway driving between 70 - 75 mph. Stone quiet, provides a great sense of confidence in ride and handling qualities. Only quibble is the COMMAND radio system, for its apparent sophistication, has no satellite radio standard. I do not miss nav - that's why I use AAA maps!

Powertrain Quality Appearance

Satellite radio should have been standard

What a car
By Dave J

Just purchased a CPO Bluetec with 24K. Dealer experience was excellent. In two weeks have put on two thousand miles of primarily highway driving between 70 - 76 mph. Average MPG is slightly over 35. Systems are A-1; everything is intuitive. Extremely comfortable and supportive seats in MB Tex. Will check back in after first D service in 8 K miles.

Engine Comfort Class