2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Love the Car!
By Pamkf on 04/11/07 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Benz a couple of weeks ago and love it. I have been a loyal BMW fan for the last 10 years, but wanted a change. The E550 is the perfect car. Full of power, and leaps ahead at the slightest press on the accelerator. Nice tight German car steering. The car is quiet and purrs along with a very smooth ride, which is quite different then the bone rattling ride that I had with my BMW 530 with run flat tires. The car itself is gorgeous with clean, classic lines, and a beautiful interior. As expected the gas mileage is not great, but you don't buy a V-8 engine expecting to get excellent mileage. Love the car so much that it is a disappointment to get to work in the morning.

We shall see
By Sportsman1 on 03/14/07 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned E550 for 2 weeks. In shop for last three days. Voice command inoperable ,drivers side airbag inoperable, rattle in dash. Dealer followed MB bulletin, did not correct rattle. Quality still a question after all the QA/QC conferences held by MB. Leased vehicle based on a complete makeover per MB and the deletion of the Bosh electric brakes which cost MB dearly in warranty costs. Wife likes style of car which is better than a 550i BMW. However the adjustable air suspension is not calibrated correctly. Neither the soft, normal, or hard setting provide a satisfying ride. BMW still a better ride and a true drivers car. Sold one of the last 2001 BMW 740i sports to do deal, I hope this was not a big mistake.

The 2007 E550 is a beast
By Kelly on 10/17/06 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

It was tough to let go of my '99 E430, but the 2007 E550 Sport made me forget in less than 6 seconds, zero to 60. The car is a perfect blend of luxury and power. I was close to buying the BMW 550 but the new E class facelift, Sport Package,(if you consider close to $70K free) 384 horses and add-on 18" AMG 5 spoke wheels with staggered Michelin Pilot Sport tires changed my mind. Time will tell in terms of reliability but I had good luck with the 99 E430 and I expect the same here. I am pleased so far with the 25MPG on the highway. The trunk is deep, not wide. Not easy to sling one golf bag, let alone two, in the trunk. I'll deal with it. The electronic trunk closer makes it worthwhile.

The Greatest Car I Have Ever Owned
By Damian Zuri on 09/19/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about this car. The fit and finish are 2nd to none. I love the Burl Walnut wood. The manager explained the high strength low alloy steel that Mercedes is famous for. This gives the car a secure heavy feel for the road and is rated extremely high in crash tests. I drove the V-6 and was impressed with th 268 horsepower but fell in love with the V-8...wow! Air conditioned/heated seats are a nice addition to the soft leather. This car was leased and I must say there is a good chance I'll buy this car when the lease is over.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.