Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Love the Car!
By Pamkf

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Benz a couple of weeks ago and love it. I have been a loyal BMW fan for the last 10 years, but wanted a change. The E550 is the perfect car. Full of power, and leaps ahead at the slightest press on the accelerator. Nice tight German car steering. The car is quiet and purrs along with a very smooth ride, which is quite different then the bone rattling ride that I had with my BMW 530 with run flat tires. The car itself is gorgeous with clean, classic lines, and a beautiful interior. As expected the gas mileage is not great, but you don't buy a V-8 engine expecting to get excellent mileage. Love the car so much that it is a disappointment to get to work in the morning.

I love the Ipod integration kit--it works seamlessly with the car. The automatic trunk closer is terrific, and the phone and navigation systems work extremely well together. Also like the parktronic feature. Four zone temperature control and heated and ventilated front seats are great too.

None.

We shall see
By Sportsman1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned E550 for 2 weeks. In shop for last three days. Voice command inoperable ,drivers side airbag inoperable, rattle in dash. Dealer followed MB bulletin, did not correct rattle. Quality still a question after all the QA/QC conferences held by MB. Leased vehicle based on a complete makeover per MB and the deletion of the Bosh electric brakes which cost MB dearly in warranty costs. Wife likes style of car which is better than a 550i BMW. However the adjustable air suspension is not calibrated correctly. Neither the soft, normal, or hard setting provide a satisfying ride. BMW still a better ride and a true drivers car. Sold one of the last 2001 BMW 740i sports to do deal, I hope this was not a big mistake.

Exterior design, interior design, ventilated seats, 7 speed transmission.

Offer AMG suspension on E6.3 as option on the E550.This consists of recalibration of the air suspension and thicker sway bars. Redesign dash to delete bar gauges for oil temp and fuel. Update voice command functions to be competitive with other manufacturers.

The 2007 E550 is a beast
By Kelly

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

It was tough to let go of my '99 E430, but the 2007 E550 Sport made me forget in less than 6 seconds, zero to 60. The car is a perfect blend of luxury and power. I was close to buying the BMW 550 but the new E class facelift, Sport Package,(if you consider close to $70K free) 384 horses and add-on 18" AMG 5 spoke wheels with staggered Michelin Pilot Sport tires changed my mind. Time will tell in terms of reliability but I had good luck with the 99 E430 and I expect the same here. I am pleased so far with the 25MPG on the highway. The trunk is deep, not wide. Not easy to sling one golf bag, let alone two, in the trunk. I'll deal with it. The electronic trunk closer makes it worthwhile.

Adjustable suspension (sport v. comfort), heated and ventillated (not AC) seats, wood/leather steering wheel and the 18" AMG wheels. The car is definitely a looker and if you don't like who's looking, you can leave them in your dust. The NAV is intuitive, but the system in the trunk takes up width.

The speedometer cluster lighting on the Sport Package does not match the rest of the instrument lighting. The "cornering" foglights are not near the experience of the BMW "cornering" headlights. One has to "mute" audio when NAV is operational instead of turning audio "off" while keeping NAV "on".

The Greatest Car I Have Ever Owned
By Damian Zuri

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about this car. The fit and finish are 2nd to none. I love the Burl Walnut wood. The manager explained the high strength low alloy steel that Mercedes is famous for. This gives the car a secure heavy feel for the road and is rated extremely high in crash tests. I drove the V-6 and was impressed with th 268 horsepower but fell in love with the V-8...wow! Air conditioned/heated seats are a nice addition to the soft leather. This car was leased and I must say there is a good chance I'll buy this car when the lease is over.

The power of the engine, the quiet cabin, and the feeling of "What's not to Love".

Putting the preset radio stations in the "incluster" dash. I have a Jeep and can adjust the preset radio stations on the steering wheel.