2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
2007 E550 P02 + Toys
By mechedjun on 03/26/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The suspension is supple and the ride is very quiet. The drive isn't exactly fun but it is engaging with solid feel and feedback. The exterior is elegant and gets nothing but compliments. However, the interior lacks the same prestige feel and the electronics are prone to failure. The electronics that do not break, are hard to use and annoying by design (navigation for example). So far we've replaced or repaired steering knuckle, rear sunshade, panoramic sunroof, windscreen seal, and other interior (except for knuckle) parts. Do not buy this car without extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 50K. I personally expected a bit more reliability from MB.

Monster of a car but well balanced
By oldstocks on 03/17/12 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought a used E550 and it is the best car I have ever had - balanced, powerful, smooth, ergonomic, roomy .... love that V8 and cannot ever go back! I have had 3 Mercedes, a Volvo, a BMW (M3), Saab, and several Fords. I have also driven my parents 4 Mercedes. The E550 tops all of them combined. It has 382 horsepower but I get 28 mpg on the highway (25 if I goose it). It looks sedate but keeps up with unwary Porsche and Corvette drivers. Fantastically smooth driver on the interstate with fantastic response for passing. Right now, I am shopping for an convertible (for fun) but cannot find anything as great as my current E550. Maybe an SL550?

Great performance, mileage, terrible GPS
By Robert on 11/01/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love the horsepower and the mileage. The car flies and I get over 28 MPG on the highway and 22 MPG overall. Mine did have a cylinder head replaced at 2500 miles but it has run great ever sense. The hood does not line up perfectly which is not something I expected from MBZ. This is my fourth Mercedes but it will probably be my last because of the navigation system. The GPS is the worst product I have ever purchased and I am very familiar with GPS systems. After two years of trying, I give up. It simply does not work. It proposes ridiculous routes, is difficult to use, shows irrelevant points and leaves off significant towns, even on interstates. I wish there was a fix for it.

Thrill Ride
By Don R on 07/07/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car with only 13K miles off a lease return. The 382 HP makes this car a rocket sedan. It rides like a luxury car but peforms like a sports car. The most pleasant surprise has been the gas mileage. On my first major highway trip I got an astounding 32 MPG while averaging 75 MPH! It takes a lot of restraint to hold back the reins on this thoroughbred. On my commute I normally get 26 MPG. The only problem has been the low profile tires. I've ruined two tires and bent two rims on pot holes. This is without a doubt the most fun I've had driving a car in the past 35 years.

Bercedes is still the one.
By fearlessone on 11/11/08 15:12 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

After owning a 97 C class I had a hard time deciding to purchase a new E550. But after driving the new car I am convinced that MB is back on track with quality a high prority. This car is the best I've ever driven. Also it is trouble free, requires little, simple maintenace, and no longer worries me regarding problem. If you like to drive (long trip) this is the best out there. I'll keep this one a long time.

My 2nd Benz
By Gerald Netkin on 05/28/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned a number of European luxuary sedans including Audi S8 and Jaguar XJR. I drove the BMW 550 before purchasing. My 2007 E550 is the most pleasurable yet. I am extreemly satisfied with driving fun, comfort, and performance. This car will wax all but a few and I like to play! I would recommend this car to anyone wanting a true luxury sedan with wrapped in a very high performance machine.

Sweet Luxury
By Docmartin9 on 04/08/07 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The engine and transmission are fantastic. The power is smooth, ample and desceptive. The car is so quiet you don't realize how fast you are going untill you look at the speedo. The ride is smooth as silk but a bit detached. BMW550 handles way better but the interior was too plastic and cheap looking for $70K. You also have to deal with the idrive. This is luxury with muscle.

Are We There Yet
By Sportsman1 on 03/24/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The 2007 E550 offers many improvements over previous E models: 7 sp trans, 5.5 ltr motor and no electric brakes. I have just completed a trip to LV from OC and MB still needs to work on the air suspension. No setting works well. The AMG E-63 suspension (recalibration of the air suspension and thicker sway bars)which has had great reviews cannot be ordered on the E550, even though the 550 has 382HP? The E550 also comes with R rated M & S tires? The front rotors are cross drilled yet R rated tires? Per the owners manual 'if speeds over 100mph are anticipated the tires must be over inflated which may cause rough riding around town'? If you like the styling drive a 550 BMW.

A Great car
By Wade C on 01/22/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car replaced my 2000 E430. Much more power, with a much sportier feel. Got the sport package which is a free option this year. Tremendous exterior finish. The old car drove like a golf cart with immediate response and acceleration. The new one provides extraordinary power without realizing it due to the lack of jerks forward or acceleration kicks. Interior controls take a bit of instruction, but all are aimed to make sure the driver is comfortable. I have one in black and white exactly as pictured. Beautiful car with no performance disappointments. Highly recommend the voice control to bypass complex controls.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.